About the Agency
The Bureau of the Fiscal Service promotes the financial integrity and operational efficiency of the U. S. government through exceptional accounting borrowing, collections, payments, and shared services The position is located in the Bureau of the Fiscal Services, Debt Management Services, Receivables Management & Debt Services Division, Washington, DC The Financial Program Specialist assists in the development and implementation of direct government wide debt collection operations.
As a Financial Program Specialist , you will:
- Prepare written correspondence for a variety of internal an external audiences.
- Develop techniques for monitoring the validity, accuracy, and reliability of performance data related to debt management programs.
- Develop policies, procedures, and guidance for Debt Collection related program areas Develop plans which contribute to fulfilling Fiscal Service's strategic vision and organization mission.
- Establishes criteria and procedures for ensuring compliance to Congressional, Federal, and Treasury regulations.
- Interprets and implements all executive orders and Treasury directives regarding debt collection, internal controls, and systems standards.
- Analyzes information gathered from a wide variety of direct and indirect sources.