Job Title:Dairy Products Marketing Specialist
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Agricultural Marketing Service
Job Announcement Number:6DY-2014-0013
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, May 09, 2014 to
Friday, May 16, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location(s):|
Scottsdale, AZ View Map
Washington DC, DC View Map
Lawrenceville, GA View Map
Lisle, IL View Map
Johnson County, KS View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Current federal employees nationwide with competitive status, reinstatement eligibles, VEOA eligibles and others under special hiring authorities. Go to the following website for a list of these authorities: Special Hiring Authorities|
(Applicants NOT in these groups should apply to Case Exam vacancy announcement # 24DY-2014-0009.)
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
About the Agency
The Market Information Branch provides timely, accurate, comprehensive market information on milk and dairy products to enhance market transparency in the dairy industry. This market transparency provides all segments of the industry from producers to consumers with information on current conditions and trends of the market supplies, movements, distribution, demand, prices, and other technical information which serves to promote the orderly production and marketing of milk and dairy products.
- You must be a US Citizen or US National.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered with the Selective Service.
DUTIES:Back to top
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity.
The duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a Dairy Products Marketing Specialist with independent responsibility for planning, collecting, analyzing, summarizing verifying, disseminating, protecting, and enforcing the mandatory reporting program.
- Dairy Product Mandatory Reporting Program: Plans, directs, and coordinates efforts for day-to-day operations by critically applying sound policies and procedures involving statistical methods.
- Evaluates and advises supervisor on potential changes to policies and procedures involving statistical methods to improve efficiency and transparency program.
- Federal Milk Order Statistics: Applies and carries out both short- and long-term goals for all areas of the program including the policy, procedures, and enforcement.
- Develops educational and instructional materials information, methods, and practices.
- Meets with industry groups, organizations, and individuals to discuss milk market and Federal milk order statistics program (prior approval required).
- Participates in meetings with other Departmental and government officials to discuss research and educational projects.
- Works closely with Branch Chief and other agencies to insure that data and information reported is accurate, is used properly, and that the confidentiality of the information received is maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Applicants must meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements by the closing date of the announcement including time-in-grade restrictions, specialized experience as defined below, etc.
TIME IN GRADE: Federal employees must meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
FOR THE GS-12 LEVEL: Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-11 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Experience providing statistical and economic services for a Program that provide essential information to the effective planning and administering of other Departmental and government programs.
- Experience in planning and carrying out commodity (dairy preferred) price reporting program(s).
- Experience developing educational and instructional material on commodity (dairy preferred) statistics, methods, and practices.
- Skill in formulating, developing and implementing dairy/agricultural initiatives on a local, national and international level.
(Note: There is no education substitution for this grade level.)FOR THE GS-13 LEVEL:
Applicants must have one year of specialized experience (equivalent to the GS-12 level) that may have been obtained in the private or public (local, county, state, Federal) sectors which demonstrates:
- Experience in formulating and administering programs relating to a national market reporting service for dairy products.
- Experience planning, collecting, analyzing, summarizing, verifying, disseminating, protecting, and enforcing a mandatory reporting program.
- Skill in oral and communication.
- Experience developing educational and instructional materials on Dairy Market News information, method, and practices.
(Note: There is no education substitution for this grade level.)
- Satisfactory completion and favorable adjudication of a background investigation and/or fingerprint check.
- Successful completion of a one-year probationary or trial period (if new hire to the Federal service).
- This position is designated a public trust position and is subject to satisfactory completion and favorable adjudication of initial background investigation and reinvestigation as a condition of employment.
- Locality pay will vary based upon the selectee’s duty location. A final salary determination will be made upon selection.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Applications and required documentation (see below) will be reviewed to determine if applicants meet eligibility and job requirements. Qualified applicants will then be rated on the quality of experience, education, and training they possess relevant to the duties of the position and the extent applicants possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (or competencies):
- Communication skills - interpersonal, oral, and written
- Project management, leadership, supervisory, and decision-making
- Regulatory Enforcement
- Marketing Programs
- Dairy Commodity
The questionnaire will assess your qualifications for the job, and will be used to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. Your ratings in this Assessment Questionnaire are subject to evaluation and verification based on the documents and references you submit.
Later steps in the selection process are specifically designed to verify your ratings. Attempts to falsify information; inflate your qualifications or providing inaccurate information on federal documents may be grounds to adjust your rating or to not select you. Errors, omissions or providing inaccurate information on federal documents may affect your eligibility. If selected providing inaccurate information on federal documents could also be grounds for dismissing you from the position/agency. Please follow all instructions carefully. To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Please read the entire announcement and all the instructions before you begin. The following instructions outline our application process.
- You must complete this application process and submit all required documents electronically by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
- We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). Applying online is highly encouraged. If applying online poses a hardship, please contact our office during business hours well before the closing date for an alternate method. All hardship application packages with supporting documents must be submitted no later than noon on the closing date of the announcement in order to be entered into the system prior to its closing.
- This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us if you require this for any part of the application and hiring process.
Create a USAJOBS account (if you do not already have one) at www.usajobs.gov. It is recommended that as part of your profile you set up automatic email notification to be informed when the status of your application changes. If you choose not to set up this automatic notification, then you will have to log into your USAJOBS account to check on the status of your application.
Create a Resume with USAJOBS or upload a Resume into your USAJOBS account. You may want to customize your resume to ensure it documents duties and accomplishments you have gained that are directly related to this position in order to verify that qualifications are met. In addition, your resume must support your responses to the online questionnaire (you may preview the online questionnaire by clicking on the link at the end of the How You Will Be Evaluated section of the job announcement).
Click "Apply Online" and follow the prompts to complete the Occupational Questionnaire and attach any additional documents that may be required. You can update your application or documents anytime while the announcement is open. Simply log into your USAJOBS account and click on "Application Status." Click on the position title, and then select "Update Application” to continue.
A complete Application Package must be submitted and received prior to 11:59, ET, on the closing date. The following documents are required for your application package to be complete. Our office cannot be responsible for incompatible software, illegible fax transmissions, delays in the mail service, your system failure or downtime, etc. Failure to submit required, legible documents may result in loss of consideration.
- Resume that includes the following information: 1) personal information; 2) education; 3) work experience including the work schedule and hours worked per week as well as dates of employment; and title, series and grade if applicable; 4) supervisor's phone number and e-mail address for each work period listed and whether or not we may contact them for reference checks; and, 5) other qualifications.
- College Transcripts if education is required for meeting basic qualifications and/or used as a substitute for specialized experience. An unofficial copy is sufficient however, if selected; an official college transcript will be required prior to entering on duty. Education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university. Foreign education must be evaluated by an approved organization. For additional information, refer to the U.S. Department of Education web site at http://www.ed.gov. All transcripts must be in English or include an English translation.
Other required documents as applicable:
Other Special Hiring Authorities:
- Current/Former Career/Career-Conditional: MUST submit a copy of an SF-50, non-award Notification of Personnel Action, which documents competitive civil service status and preferably shows your current grade/position. In order to demonstrate competitive civil service status, the "position occupied" block on the SF-50 should show a "1" and your "tenure" block should show a "1" or "2". If your current grade is not your highest permanent grade, submit a copy of an additional SF-50 showing your highest grade. In addition, current and former employees must submit their most recently completed annual performance appraisal (dated within 18 months) which identifies the official rating of record, signed by the supervisor, or a statement advising why the performance appraisal is unavailable (e.g., length of time in current position, personnel system outage, etc.). Performance plans will not be accepted.
- Veteran Hiring Authorities: (VEOA, VRA, and 30% Disabled Veterans): DD-214 (Member 4 Copy). Disabled veterans must include your VA letter & SF-15 if claiming 10 pt. preference. Current active duty members must submit a certification that they are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted.
- Schedule A, Persons with Disabilities: Schedule A letter from a physician, local, state or federal rehabilitation office citing eligibility under 5 CFR 213.3102 (u).
- Certain Military Spouses under E.O. 13473: MUST submit verification of the marriage to the service member (i.e., a marriage license or other legal documentation verifying marriage) AND one of the following forms of documentation: 1) a copy of your Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders issued within the last 2 years that lists you as authorized to accompany the military member to the new duty permanent station; 2) a copy of your spouse’s DD-214 (Member 4 Copy) AND verification of the member's 100% disability (VA Letter); OR 3) verification of the member's death while on active duty (DD-1300 and Death Certificate).
- Foreign Service: Most recent Foreign Service Notification of Personnel Action, showing that you were/are serving under an unlimited, career-type appointment AND have completed at least 1 year of continuous service without a break of a workday under one or more nontemporary Foreign Service appointments.
- CTAP/ICTAP: Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, Notice of Proposed Removal, or appropriate OPM/Agency certification; AND most recent performance evaluation; AND SF-50 demonstrating your separation or the position from which you will be separated.
- Peace Corps/VISTA Volunteers: Documentation of no less than 24 months (Peace Corps) or 1 year (VISTA) of continuous service and separated within 1 year of completing the qualifying service.
- Certain Family Members under E.O. 12721: Most recent non-award SF-50 and performance appraisal.
- Interchange Agreement with Other Merit Systems: Documentation of eligibility as listed in interchange agreement.
- Miscellaneous Authorities Not Regulated by the Office of Personnel Management: (Postal Career Service Employees, Postal Service Commission Employees, GAO, US Courts, etc.), Current Notification of Personnel Action (or equivalent) that reflects your eligibility.
If you are claiming eligibility under a Special Hiring Authority, you must submit supporting documents.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you set up your USAJOBS account to send automatic email notifications, you will receive an email acknowledging: 1) the submission of your online Occupational Questionnaire and resume was successful, 2) if you were referred to the selecting official for consideration, and 3) if you were selected or not selected. If you choose not to set up automatic email notifications, you must check your USAJOBS account for the latest status of your application. Your application may be reviewed to verify that you meet the qualifications and eligibility requirements for the position prior to issuing lists to a selecting official. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted. We expect to make a final job offer within 40 days after the closing date of the announcement.
Additional Duty Location Info
1 vacancy in the following locations:
Scottsdale, AZ View Map
Washington DC, DC View Map
Lawrenceville, GA View Map
Lisle, IL View Map
Johnson County, KS View Map
Louisville, KY View Map
Boston, MA View Map
Wixom, MI View Map
Minneapolis, MN View Map
Albany, NY View Map
Brunswick, OH View Map
Denton County, TX View Map
Snohomish County, WA View Map
Fitchburg, WI View Map