About the Agency
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in DHS/US Coast Guard, Force Readiness Command (FORCECOM), Business Operations Division (BOD), Business Execution Branch, Washington, DC.
Position serves as principal administrative and logistics support to FORCECOM personnel located at CG Headquarters, St Elizabeth's Campus. Under supervision of the Business Operations Division, activities include travel, human resources, file management, correspondence preparation and management, time and attendance, office automation, property control, and purchasing
Being a CG civilian makes you a valuable member of the CG team. Typical work assignments include:
* Receiving, processing & controlling all incoming correspondence and reviewing outgoing for correctness and compliance with guidelines.
* Serving as the initial point of contact for all questions, information and problem resolution for the BOD.
* Scheduling conferences and meetings to include logistics & preparing agendas.
* Producing a wide range of documents using various office automation technologies.
* Serving as travel system (TPAX) approving official.
* Serving as time and attendance clerk; back-up to the FORCECOM Military Executive Aide; requisition office supplies, equipment and publications; serving as property custodian.