Job Title:Distribution Facilities Specialist
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Deputy Assistant Secretary for Acquisition and Logistics
Job Announcement Number:VY-14-FD-1102418-MP
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$42,048.00 to $66,859.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, June 03, 2014 to Monday, June 16, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Golden, CO View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (see "Area of Consideration" below)|
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
Our mission: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan," - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans.
Note: This position is also being announced under VY-14-FD-1136488-DEU to all U.S. citizens. Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply under both announcements.
Find your mile-high magic in Golden, Colorado a mountain-side city/suburb in the Denver Metro area. Enjoy four fantastic seasons of professional football (Denver Broncos), baseball (Colorado Rockies), basketball (Denver Nuggets), hockey (Colorado Avalanche), and soccer (Colorado Rapids) teams. Outdoor activities abound world class winter snow-skiing, superb hiking and mountain biking trails, PGA-grade golf courses. Class and culture keep a never-ending variety of entertainment nearby. Easy access to military bases, national and international airline services, nationally recognized universities all here nestled next to the Rocky Mountains right outside your workplace windows.
YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
Location: This position is within the Denver Acquisitions & Logistics Center in Golden, Colorado.
Area of Consideration: To be considered eligible for this position, you must also be eligible as a Competitive Merit Promotion and/or Non-Competitive Merit Promotion eligible, as explained below. If you do not have an eligibility described below, you will be considered outside the area of consideration.
Competitive Merit Promotion:
- Transfer or Reinstatement eligibles: current Federal or former employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service that hold, or have held a career or career-conditional position at a lower grade level as the position being announced. An SF-50 must show appointment in the competitive service.
- Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA) eligibles.
Non-Competitive Merit Promotion:
- ICTAP/CTAP eligibles
- Disabled veterans receiving 30% or more disability compensation from the VA
- Individuals with severe disabilities (eligible for Schedule A appointments)
- Individuals eligible under other non-competitive appointment authorities such as: Military spouses under E.O. 13473; Certain former overseas employees; Present and former Peace Corps, Vista or Action volunteers; Former White House staff; Present and former Foreign Service officers and employees; Certain National Guard technicians.
- Current and former Federal employees who meet the established criteria outlined in an Office of Personnel Management Interchange Agreement
- Transfer or reinstatement eligibles that hold, or have previously held a career or career-conditional position at the same or higher grade level with the same or higher promotion potential as the position being announced.
- Veterans Recruitment Authority (VRA) allows appointments of eligible veterans up to the GS-11 level
Special Employment Consideration: VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities (i.e. intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities) and/or Disabled Veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 5% of duty time
- You must be a US citizen.
- You must be eligible under the Area of Consideration.
- You must submit your resume and supporting documents (See How to Apply).
- Relocation expenses will NOT be paid
- Duty hours may include working either a day shift or an evening shift
- This IS a non-exempt and Bargaining Unit Position