1. Degree: physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics.OR
2. Combination of education and experience -- education equivalent to one of the majors shown in A above that included at least 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science, plus appropriate experience or additional education.ANDGS-13:
One year of specialized experience at the GS 12 level performing duties such as: analyzing complex technical forensic analyses; serving as a team coordinator for an laboratory audits; planning and coordinating method development projects to improve quality assurance within the laboratory; coordinating and conducting training for developmental level specialists; preparing written reports based on quality assurance matters; testifying as an expert witness in the area of technical forensic discipline.Qualifications Must Be Met:
The qualification requirements listed above must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
Conditions of Employment If selected for this position, you will be required to:
- Obtain and maintain a top secret clearance. Completion of a single scope background investigation is required before appointment.
- Submit to a drug test prior to your appointment and random drug testing while you occupy the position.
- Certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so, if you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959.
- Position requires walking, bending and lifting in laboratory and field work.
- Exposure to chemicals, glass and gases
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the duties of the position. If you meet the minimum qualifications, a score will automatically be calculated based on your answers to the vacancy specific questions to place you in one of three categories. All answers provided in the online process must be substantiated by your resume. Upon review, your resume and/or supporting documents need to support your answer choices and reflect the one year of specialized experience requirement, in order to be considered and deemed eligible. The competencies or knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform this job are:
- Knowledge of forensic laboratory quality assurance and accreditation procedures and maintaining a quality testing environment within a scientific laboratory.
- Knowledge of technologies used in document analysis and forensic examinations.
- Knowledge of investigative operations, techniques and procedures sufficient to recognize, handle, process and preserve evidence.
- Ability to serve as an expert in court and communicate the quality assurance program with management and team members.
If you meet the minimum qualifications, you will be placed in one of the following categories: 1. Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria. 2. Well-Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria. 3. Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities. If you are best qualified, you may be referred to the hiring manager for consideration and may be called for an interview. Agency Career Transition Assistance Program (CTAP) or the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Eligibles: If you have never worked for the Federal government, you are not CTAP/ICTAP eligible. Information about ICTAP or CTAP eligibility can be found by clicking here to access OPM's Career Transition Resources website. To be considered well qualified under CTAP/ ICTAP, you must be placed in the Well-Qualified category for this position, as described above. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement. Veterans: Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they qualify. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are listed in the best qualified category, except when the position being filled is scientific, professional at the GS-09 grade level, or higher. This position is considered scientific/professional. For information on veterans' preference, please click here.
To preview questions please click here.