Job Title:IT Specialist (SYSANALYSIS)
Department:Department of Defense
Agency:Defense Finance and Accounting Service
Job Announcement Number:D-DFAS-1113328-14
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, May 05, 2014 to
Monday, May 19, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Indianapolis, IN View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information visit www.dfas.mil
Vacancy Information: This position is located at DFAS Indianapolis in Deputy Director Strategy and Support, Info & Technology Dir Office, Coporate Systems, BEIS & Other Systems, BEIS DCD/DCW Systems.
- Occasional Travel
- Less than 25%
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Background Investigation
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
- Obtain/Maintain Financial Management Certification
DUTIES:Back to top
Serves as the System Manager for the Defense Corporate Database/Defense Corporate Warehouse (DCD/DCW) system and as such will serve as an expert in Systems Lifecycle Management and systems analysis to plan and conduct studies of broad areas of work processes, operational practices, and needs that will affect Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) and Information & Technology (I&T).
Participates in systems requirement reviews and coordinates with customer/functional representatives and other technical personnel to clarify requirements; applies knowledge and skills to support the design, development, deployment, evaluation and/or maintenance of
systems; provides advice to other organizations to include explaining initiatives; policies, procedures, recommendations and identifying system problems.
Responsible for Federal Information System Control Audit Manual (FISCAM), Federal Financial Management Information Act (FFMIA), Information Assurance and other audit readiness efforts; identifies and corrects weaknesses in system internal controls; assesses system risks to develop and implement corrective action plans within established timeframes.
Prepares and monitors project plans; coordinates with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the integrity of the system design and the phases of its implementations; develops and implements cost savings initiatives and software process improvement policies and program; develops and monitors system budget and forecasts future budget requirements
Serves as the technical authority for the application, which includes the software and the web server, application and database (Oracle and PL/SQL) environments.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
Applicants must have IT-related experience demonstrating:
1.) Attention to Detail
2.) Customer Service
3.) Oral Communication
4.) Problem Solving; -OR- Meet the education detailed in the qualification standards.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement, qualified applicants must possess:
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-12) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience is defined as: leading all stages of systems lifecycle management of automated information systems based on customers business processes and operations; serving as a technical authority for Oracle based applications, which include Oracle 10g or higher and PL/SQL; evaluating and advising management on the feasibility of proposed new systems and development projects and establishing policy and developing long-range program and project forecasts.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Background or Security Investigation: This is a non-critical sensitive position. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the Category Rating and Selection Procedures. All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated based upon information you provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If a determination is made that the work experience described in your submitted resume does not support your responses to the self-assessment questionnaire, your score may be reduced, and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are already a DFAS employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
Eligible candidates will then be placed for selection consideration into 3 categories as described below:
1. Qualified Category - Meets the minimum qualifications as described in the Qualifications section of this announcement. The Assessment Questionnaire takes approximately 15 minutes to complete and collects information on your education, training and experience related to the following critical competencies:
2. Highly Qualified Category Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates proficiency in some of the job-related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire .
3. Best Qualified Category Exceeds the minimum qualification requirements and demonstrates a high level of proficiency in the job related competencies based on the answers to the occupational questionnaire.
IMPORTANT NOTE - YOU MUST FOLLOW ALL APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. ERRORS OR OMISSIONS MAY AFFECT YOUR RATING.
- Systems Life Cycle: Knowledge of systems life cycle management concepts used to plan, develop, implement, operate, and maintain information systems.
- Decision Support: Perform value-added financial, accounting or economic analysis to make informed decisions that better utilize resources and improve mission effectiveness.
- Project Management: Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating, and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work and contractor performance
- Communication: The ability to communicate to a varied audience both in writing and orally.
- Technical Competence: Uses knowledge that is acquired through formal training or extensive on the job experience to perform ones job; works with, understands, and evaluates technical information related to the job; advises others on technical issues.