Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to manage and direct operations in financial management, human capital, and logistical support? Then consider joining the Federal Protective Service (FPS), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
- Supervise a workforce responsible for financial management, human capital, and logistical support.
- Plan, schedule, and monitor the operational effectiveness of staff based on organizational goals.
- Assign and prioritize subordinate work products.
- Develop plans and recommendations to improve the administration, management and operations of regional programs.
- Initiate and execute all program matters related to the financial management of Federal Protective Service (FPS) funds.
- Occasional Travel
- Overnight travel of 1-5 nights per month may be required.