About the Agency
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
This position is located in CG-2, Cyber Command at the USCG Headquarters Facility at St. Elizabeth's, in Washington, D.C
The incumbent is a member of the Coast Guard Cyber Command (CG Cyber) with the mission of Computer Network Defense (CND), Maritime Critical Infrastructure and Key Resources (MCIKR), and Decision Advantage (DA). This position will perform the program management, oversight, analysis of the effectiveness of and of the computer and network security systems that provide CND for CG Cyber, and ensure they are in compliance with both United States Cyber Command (USCC) and DHS regulations and mandates.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Assisting with the planning, analysis, development, policies, procedures, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of CG Cyber CND systems.
- Conducting feasibility studies to develop alternative and cost effective approaches to satisfying user needs.
- Analyzing, planning, and coordinating major hardware acquisitions to meet current and future business requirements.
- Serving as the IT security officer for agency-wide systems that impact programs of a national or international scope.
- Developing specifications and test plans for IT contracts and programs involving hardware, software, components, systems, subsystems, and/or services.