Minimum Requirements: Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the skill to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories, and components, and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications. Must be skilled in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
Specialized Experience: 18 months experience or training installing, adjusting, aligning, troubleshooting and functionally testing the various major and minor mechanical and pneudraulic systems on an aircraft during overhaul or modification. Experience coordinating the work of other mechanics, and scheduling maintenance to ensure completion of critical actions and optimum workflow. Must have the ability to instruct lower graded mechanics, military and other personnel in the disassembly and re-assembly of crash damaged engines, transmissions, gearboxes, hydraulic components, and fuel controls sufficient for the exhibit to be returned to its shipping container.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) listed below will be used in the selection process. KSAs are important to the entire selection process and should be addressed specifically and completely within the resume'.
1. Ability to inspect AH-64D to determine mechanical deficiencies and analyze results.
2. Ability to interpret instructional material, schematics and specifications for complex mechanical problems on assigned aircraft.
3. Skill in such functions as troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, serving, inspecting, and modifying aircraft, aircraft installed equipment, related ground support equipment, and aircraft technical inspections on AH-64D aircraft and ability to train lower level aircraft mechanics.
4. Knowledge of aircraft systems and components in electrical, fuel, rotor, airframe, power-train, hydraulic, environmental and mechanical aircraft.
5. Ability to work with, coordinate and oversee the work of lower grades aircraft mechanics and certifies the work of the other aircraft mechanics and journey level workers in other trades working on the assigned aircraft.
6. Ability to performs preflight, thru flight, and post-flight inspections and scheduled or unscheduled maintenance.
7. Ability to provide technical guidance and assistance to flight crews regarding observed discrepancies, experienced in-flight characteristics and system malfunctions.
8. Knowledge of work assignments based upon priorities, workload, availability of parts, facilities, material and personnel.
9. Knowledge of and participation in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and support exercises.
10. Knowledge and skill in the use and training of Unit Level Logistics System Aviation (ULLS-A) system in maintaining aircraft historical records, maintenance records, and flight information. Must be able to train other mechanics and pilots in use of this system.
Quality of Experience: Length of time is not of itself qualifying. Candidates experience should be evaluated on the basis of duties performed rather than strictly on the rank of the individual; however, established compatibility criteria/assignments must be followed. The applicants record of experience and/or training must show possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to fully perform the duties of the position.
Military Assignment: Occupants of this position must maintain continuous military membership in the North Carolina Army National Guard (NCARNG). Assignment to a compatible Enlisted (E7 & below) position in the NCARNG is mandatory. (ENL MOS: 15, 91, 92, 94, 35D/K/L/R, 68W, 91W, 92A/F/L/Y, 63B/X/Z)
Security Clearance: Employment is subject to attaining and maintaining a security clearance as required by the position (ANACI minimum).
Direct Deposit: The applicant selected for this position will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer Program.
Other Requirements: For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state drivers license.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To validate your qualifications for this job, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire and supporting documents. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, your rating will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.