Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services secures America's promise as a nation of immigrants by providing accurate and useful information to our customers, granting immigration and citizenship benefits, promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensuring the integrity of our immigration system. Visit us at http://www.uscis.gov/.
As an Operations Research Analyst, you will advise executive management in operations research, statistics, and computer science, as it relates to the mission of the Verification Division.
This position of OPERATIONS RESEARCH ANALYST starts at a salary of $64,585.00(GS-11 step 1), to $119,668.00 (GS-13 step 10). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of Enterprise Services, Verification Division, Los Angeles, CA within U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
This position is in the bargaining unit.
This position is not considered "essential" for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.
Note: USCIS may fill one or more positions using this vacancy.
The duties described are for the full-performance level. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
As an Operations Research Analyst, you will:
- Apply concepts of operations research, statistics and computer science to solve complex operational issues.
- Develop management strategies for design, development, deployment, maintenance and enhancement for large-scale information technology projects.
- Construct mathematical models to describe systems being studied.
- Advise executive management on performance management, operational plans, and long term projects.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis of major Verification Division initiatives.