Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to plan and conduct program activities for transition into enterprise architecture of emerging information technology products and solutions? Then consider joining the Infrastructure Information Collection Division (IICD), Office of Infrastructure Protection (IP), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
- Develop and present expert advice and assistance in structuring technology applications in support of business processes within the framework of the Department of Homeland Security Enterprise Architecture.
- Review system integration, data models, and architectural solutions relating to system consolidation and migration strategies.
- Develop and maintain the enterprise architecture blueprint, and integration points between National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD) and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) enterprise architectures.
- Support cross-divisional Enterprise Architect communication for use of enterprise data assets, data modeling and standards, and Systems Development Life Cycle.
- Develop recommendations for resolution of complex program, project, technical and resources issues.
- Occasional Travel
- Overnight travel of 1-5 nights per month may be required