To qualify at the GS-13 grade level, you must have at least one full year of specialized experience comparable in scope and responsibility to the GS-12 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public, or private sectors). This experience must include such activities as: 1) develop strategic plans, guidelines for the development, integration and implementation of IT systems and subsystems; 2) conduct analysis of business processes, system requirements and information technology needs of customers; 3) utilize project management concepts, methods, and practices plan (e.g., serve as contracting officer technical representative (COTR) for assigned work activities performed under contract); and 4) provide advice regarding enterprise architecture policies, procedures and guidelines. Note: The contents of your resume must fully and explicitly support this response in its entirety. Otherwise, you will be found ineligible.
Applicants must also have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
There is no education substitution for GS-13 position, please do not submit transcripts.
Time-in-Grade Requirements: Current Federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade in the Federal service. All qualifications and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
New employees must serve a one year probationary period.
This position may be designated as essential personnel. Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of operation events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or government closures due to weather, protests, and acts of terrorism or lack of funding. Failure to report for or remain in this position may result in disciplinary or adverse action in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations. (5 U.S.C. § 7501-7533 and 5 CFR Part 752, as applicable).
Incumbent may be subject to random drug testing.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The categories are defined as follows:
Best Qualified Demonstrates better overall or key knowledge, skills, or abilities for a specific position.
Well Qualified Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities which clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position, but does not necessarily meet the definition of best qualified.
Qualified Meets the minimum qualifications standards, including any selective placement factors, for a specific position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- KNOWLEDGE OF ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE
- SKILL TO UTILIZE PROJECT MANAGEMENT CONCEPTS, METHODS, AND PRACTICES PLAN
- ORAL COMMUNICATION
- CUSTOMER SERVICE Application of Veterans' Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher.