SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your resume must reflect experience at the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS/GG) pay system or other pay systems, demonstrating quality in the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to meet the requirements of this position. Specialized experience would be demonstrated by having knowledge of commonly applied security principles, concepts and methodologies in carrying out personnel security programs for the organization, conducting interviews, collecting and analyzing information, etc. and skill in weighing the impact of variables such as critical personnel qualifications, variations in building construction characteristics, access and entry restrictions, equipment availability and other issues that influence the course of actions taken in resolving security questions and issues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of commonly applied security principles, concepts and methodologies in carrying out information, personnel and industrial security programs for the organization.
2. Knowledge of the methods of performing such duties as conducting interviews, collecting and analyzing information, etc. and skill in weighing the impact of variables such as critical personnel qualifications, variations in building construction characteristics, access and entry restrictions, equipment availability and other issues that influence the course of actions taken in resolving security questions and issues.
3. Knowledge of the security classification methods, concepts and eligibility for access to classified or sensitive information to review plans for proposed or new projects, organizations and/or missions to assure the presence of adequate planning for information security and other controls.
4. Knowledge of security incident handling policy and procedures, ability to plan and carry out reviews of unit or contractor security programs to analyze and evaluate reports, and conditions to recommend remedial actions.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent requires a TOP SECRET (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
2. This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Testing Program Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security, and public safety.
3. The employee may be required to travel in military/commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments.
4. The work is primarily sedentary. Accomplished while seated at a desk or table, but may periodically call for long periods of standing, walking and exploring attics, crawl spaces.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.