About the Agency
ANNOUNCEMENT IS AMENDED TO INDICATE THAT RELOCATION IS AUTHORIZED.
This position is with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS), Pacific Islands Regional Office (PIRO), located in Honolulu, HI.
This position will be filled under the DOC Alternative Personnel System (CAPS). This system replaced the Federal GS pay plan and structure. Under CAPS, positions are classified by career, pay plan, and pay band. Salary increase within pay bands occur through the pay-for-performance system only. The ZP-4 is equivalent to the GS-13/14 grade level. For more information on CAPS Click Here.
This position is also being advertised under announcement NMFS-PIR-2014-0020 which is open to US Citizens or Nationals. You must apply to both announcements if you want to be considered for both.
Cost of Living Allowance (COLA):
- A one year supervisory probationary period may be required.
- This is not a bargaining unit position.
In addition to the salary listed above, there is a Cost of Living Allowance (COLA) for the Honolulu, HI area in the amount of 12.25%, which is not subject to Federal Income tax. NOTE
: This vacancy may be used to fill other Supervisory Biologist, ZP-0401-4
positions throughout NOAA. The position must be alike (e.g., within the same geographic locations, same grade/band requires the same qualifications as indicated in this vacancy announcement).
The individual selected for this position will:
- Serve as the PRD Division Regulatory Branch Chief.
- Oversee Pacific Island Regulatory (PIR) compliance with protected species statutory authorities: Endangered Species Act (ESA), Marine Mammal Protection Act (MMPA), and Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
- Supervise staff on the regulatory team.
- Support ARA with increasing workload, and by organizational and strategic planning,
- Develop, train, and reassign staff and hire and train new staff.
- Represent PRD, oversee division staff, and fulfill routine Chief functions such as time and attendance, travel manager, etc.
- Occasional Travel
- 5% or less