Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to plan, organize , and carry out a major, substantive budget? Then consider joining the Federal Protective Service, National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
- Ensuring the effective integration of program and budget planning.
- Developing, recommending, and implementing budgetary policies affecting the financing and accomplishments of major national programs.
- Projecting and analyzing potential effects of budgetary actions on program viability and the attainment of program objectives.
- Reviewing, approving, disapproving, and recommending the amount and timing of financial allotments.
- 25% or Greater
- Overnight travel of 6-10 nights per month may be required.