About the Agency
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Civil Engineer with an emphasis as a Concrete Specialist. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Would you enjoy serving as a specialist in the materials science of concrete and its use in the analysis, design, and construction of Reclamation structures.
Here is a great opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential! Promotions to the next grade/salary level are neither guaranteed nor automatic, but based on supervisor initiation.
You can progress from $51K to 62K in 2 years! Year 1 - $51,433 (GS-9) and Year 2 - $62,228 (GS-11).
LOCATION: Technical Services Center, Civil Engineering Division, Materials Engineering and Research Laboratory, Lakewood, CO.
NOTE: This position is being advertised concurrently under BR-DO-2014-054 for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
- Conducts concrete technology investigations involving the design, construction, maintenance, and repair of Reclamation water resources infrastructure, which involves laboratory research, testing programs, and investigations of field projects.
- Performs research on new concrete materials and concrete repair materials. Participates as requested in other research programs supporting Reclamation's mission.
- Performs laboratory studies on testing and evaluation of concrete materials and concrete repair materials. Performs laboratory testing of the properties of fresh and hardened concrete and concrete repair materials.
- Participates in technology transfer activities, which include preparing technical documents on concrete technology for publication and presentation, presenting papers at technical society meetings, lecturing at seminars and workshops, developing specifications for concrete construction, and technical society committee work.
- Develops and maintains contacts with Reclamation design and Construction Engineers, Reclamation Regional and Project Offices, other agencies, and technical societies on concrete technology matters.