About the Agency
Apply for this exciting position to support the CG missions of safeguarding our Nation's maritime interests in the heartland, in the ports, at sea, and around the globe.
For over two centuries the The U.S. Coast Guard has protected the maritime economy and the environment, we defend our maritime borders, and we save those in peril. This history has forged our character and purpose as America's Maritime Guardian - Always Ready for all hazards and all threats.
The vacancy is being concurrently advertised under merit promotion procedures for status applicants under announcement 14-1439-SE-DB-M. APPLICANTS WISHING TO BE CONSIDERED UNDER BOTH DELEGATED EXAMINING AND MERIT PROMOTION PROCEDURES MUST APPLY TO BOTH VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS.
NOTE: YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS DELEGATED EXAMINING VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT WILL ONLY ALLOW CONSIDERATION FOR THIS ANNOUNCEMENT. WE CANNOT ELECTRONICALLY OR MANUALLY MOVE YOUR APPLICATION TO THE CONCURRENTLY ADVERTISED MERIT PROMOTION ANNOUNCEMENT. PLEASE ENSURE YOU ARE APPLYING UNDER THE CORRECT ANNOUNCEMENT.
This position is located in DHS/USCG, Atlantic Area, Maritime Intelligence Fusion Center Atlantic, Virginia Beach, VA.
Incumbent serves as the central hub for collection, fusion, analysis and dissemination of maritime intelligence to operational commander throughout the Atlantic Area.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- Performing long-range planning for intelligence dissemination and acquisition of data in the area of responsibility, considering actual and potential problems, and presents findings and recommendations.
- Conducting all-source analysis delivering statistical data, assessment of trends in support of Atlantic Area customers and mission execution.
- Estimating scope or form of future situations affecting a wide range of agency intelligence activities.
- Preparing finished intelligence reports, collection plans, interagency intelligence assessment, manuals, and guides for field collectors.
- Producing and disseminating a wide variety of products, including finished intelligence reports (basic-descriptive, current-reportorial, speculative-estimative) papers, articles, and studies.
- Providing mission performance briefs to superiors, planners, and policy makers on all aspects of work assignment.
- Occasional Travel
- Position requires 10% local travel and infrequent international travel.