About the Agency
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please:
If you are selected for this position, you will serve as either a General Engineer or an Operations Research Analyst (Interdisciplinary) in the TSA Systems Integration Facility (TSIF) Test Section, Acceptance Testing Section, Operational Test Section, or the Evaluation and Quality Assurance Section within the Test and Evaluation Branch, Operations Support Division, Office of Security Capabilities (OSC), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). You will serve as a technical expert providing advice and guidance in developing procedures and equipment to perform the required work. Additionally, you will serve as a Test Lead responsible for overseeing the activities of support personnel for designated test activities including those supporting major security technology procurement activities.
- Serving as a representative on Engineering Review Boards to review proposed changes to field and developmental systems, advising on the adequacy of the vendor supplied technical data, and recommending the scope of testing associated with approved system changes.
- Preparing or contributing to the development of test plans, test reports, and other test related documentation and correspondence, and coordinating laboratory or field resources and overseeing logistics associated with test activities.
- Managing contract support resources, field/Laboratory activities, and coordinating with other government and industry stakeholders involved in the development and implementation of tests (e.g. test plan, integrated test schedule, test procedures, test reports, site coordination) to ensure test program completion.
- Resolving problems in support of the test program, significant events, and milestones by anticipating major issues, recognizing future needs, and coordinating resources.
- Identifying and assessing relative risk of shortfalls between current test capabilities and future needs.
- Briefing executive leadership on test results and presenting the Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs).
- Participating in budget formulation and program budget execution.
The major duties described above reflect the full performance level of this position. Typically, the lower pay band (Pay Band H) performs the same duties but will receive more guidance and projects or work assignments may be less complex.