About the Agency
Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click Here
This Information Technology (IT) Specialist (ENTARCH) position is located in the Office of Information Technology (OIT), Enterprise Architecture Division (EAD), Applied Architecture Branch (AAB), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS). If selected for this position you will report directly to the Section Chief of the Applied Architecture Section. You will serve as an Application Architect responsible for providing guidance and recommendations on the application of architectural elements in the analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the application architecture to align IT strategy, plans, and systems with TSA's mission, goals, structure, and processes. You will provide technical advice to management on matters pertaining to the application of Enterprise Architecture (EA) principles, policies, concepts, and practices. Your primary focus will be on the areas of solution recommendations, design reviews, and use and promotion of architectural principles ; use and promotion of service oriented architecture; and providing guidance to development teams. Typical duties include:
- Performing architectural reviews of the application tiers, frameworks, component types, and interfaces.
- Providing architectural and engineering guidance to application development teams.
- Producing architecture products (e.g., conceptual, solution, and segment architectures).
- Providing guidance to others on architectural activities including supporting the applications architects in selecting the application framework.
- Implementing plans and strategies to modify the IT infrastructure based on EA principles, policies, concepts, and practices to support TSA's short and long range goals, objectives, and plans.
- Evaluating TSA's business needs to ensure enterprise architecture plans are aligned with those needs and the current and planned IT infrastructure supports the architecture plan.
- Determining gaps between the current and the target architecture and developing plans for transitioning to target architecture to identify opportunities to improve enterprise-level systems to support business processes and utilize emerging technologies.
- Promoting and educating customers and stakeholders on the use and value of the enterprise architecture.
- Serving as the Contract Officer Representative (COR).