Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services secures America's promise as a nation of immigrants by providing accurate and useful information to our customers, granting immigration and citizenship benefits, promoting an awareness and understanding of citizenship, and ensuring the integrity of our immigration system. Visit us at http://www.uscis.gov/.
Everyday our Security Specialists, plan, develop, implement, and manage one or more of the following programs for the agency ( in consultation with senior level managers) administrative, physical, industrial, information, personnel, and/or operations security.
This position of SECURITY SPECIALIST starts at a salary of $75,621.00(GS-12 step 1), to $98,305.00 (GS-12 step 10). Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the OFFICE OF SECURITY AND INTEGRITY, MISSION INTEGRITY DIVISION, ADMINISTRATIVE SECURITY MANAGEMENT SECTION, WASHINGTON, DC within U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
This position is not in the bargaining unit.
This position is considered "essential" for purposes of reporting to work when the facility might otherwise be closed.
Note: USCIS may fill one or more positions using this vacancy.
As a Security Specialist, within the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Office of Security and Integrity, Mission Integrity Division, and in consultation with senior level managers you will plan, develop, implement, and manage one or more of the following programs for the agency: administrative, physical, industrial, information, personnel, and/or operations security. Your duties will include the following:
- Plan, develop, implement, and manage National Security Information and Sensitive but Unclassified/Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) related programs and policy for the agency.
- Develop, implement and deliver audio visual presentations to large audiences on Derivative Classification, Self Review/Inspections, National Security Information Initial/Refresher Training, CUI, and other security related programs. Conduct de-classification and classification reviews for Freedom of Information Act and other related agency equities and documents. Serve as primary intermediary between USCIS Field Security Division, Investigations, Refugee Asylum and International Operations, Fraud Detection and National Security Directorate, and other internal staff offices, the government, and contractors.
- Create Security Compliance Reviews (SCR) schedules, conduct, manage and provide oversight for DHS USCIS HQ's Self Review program. Draft and finalize all related documents on official security policy and administer policy and procedures to ensure Self Review and SCR program's efficiency and compliance.
- Develop, implement and monitor policies, instructions, procedures, and control systems for activities involving clearance and immigration security classification authority and Security Classification Guides (SCGs). Serve as lead representative for DHS/USCIS HQ's Security Debriefing Program and Courier Card Program.
- Identify security matters covering such areas as the level and kind of security work to be performed and developing access control policies and procedures. Responsible for information protection, customer relations and project management. Serve as SharePoint Facilitator.
- 25% or Greater
- TRAVEL UP TO 10 DAYS A MONTH LOCALLY, NATIONALLY, AND POSSIBLY INTERNATIONALLY.