Job Title:Facility Operations Specialist (Facility Manager)
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Indian Health Service
Job Announcement Number:IHS-14-WR-1106049-ES/MP/DE
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$50,522.00 to $65,675.00 / Per Year|
|Thursday, May 01, 2014 to Wednesday, May 14, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Salem, OR View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|U.S. Citizens, including candidates eligible under Indian Preference; Federal employees serving on a career or career-conditional appointment; Reinstatement eligible; Veterans Preference eligible, including Veterans Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA); Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible; PHS Commissioned Corps Personnel, and/or Schedule A.|
|Q - Nonsensitive|
The IHS is required by law to give absolute preference to qualified applicants who meet the Secretary of the Interior's definition of Indian for appointment to vacancies within the IHS in accordance with established IHS policy as outlined in the Indian Health Manual Part 7, Chapter 3. The IHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is being announced under the following hiring plans:
- Excepted Service Examining Plan (ESEP) - for those candidates eligible under the Indian Preference appointment authority;
- Merit Promotion Plan (MP) - for those candidates who are reinstatement eligible, current Federal employees who have Career or Career-Conditional status, Commissionel Corps Officers, Veteran Preference eligibles including Veterans Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA), and those eligible for special appointing authorities. Applicants may also choose to be considered under the ESEP if applicable; and,
- Delegated Examining Plan (DE) - for those candidates who are U.S. citizens.
For more information on these plans, please click here.
The purpose of this position is to oversee and perform functions related to the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and repair of the buildings at the Chemawa Health Center located in Salem, Oregon in support of their function as a safe and comfortable place to access health services. The incumbent will perform the full range of trades and labor work involving the repair and maintenance of public facilities, buildings, and grounds. The position includes management responsibility for the facilities program and has supervisory responsibility for maintenance mechanics, laborers and the housekeeping staff. The incumbent will report to the Western Oregon Service Unit Management Analyst.
- Not Required
- The selected applicant will be subject to a pre-employment background
- investigation, which will include a fingerprint and credit check.
- If applicable-Selective Service registration (Males born after 12/31/59).
- U.S. Citizenship is required.