The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview.
This position is located at the National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Office of the Director (OD), Office of Science Management and Operations (OSMO), Office of Administrative Service (OAS), Extramural Administrative Management Branch (EAMB), located in Bethesda, MD.
If selected for this position you will perform the following duties and functions:
- Plan, develop, formulate, prepare, execute, monitor, and/or forecast organizational budgets.
- Advise program managers regarding budgetary concerns such as projected shortfalls or unanticipated financial needs.
- Interpret and analyze the meaning and implications of key financial indicators to understand overall financial performance of the organization.
- Use financial analysis to evaluate strategic options and opportunities.
- Serve as approving official for purchase cards and/or managers purchase card program. Ensure adherence to policies and regulations based on certification level.
- Monitor performance and compliance with terms and condition of purchase orders. Develop acquisition plans.
- Perform the full range of general administration and advisory services and/or functions, performing all that apply: time and attendance, relocation requests, human resources services, property management, safety/security and travel.
- Interpret policies and procedures in the management of space and facilities. Manage and monitor the budget, design, construction and modification of existing and/or new space.
If you are selected at the GS-09 or GS-11 level, you will essentially perform the same duties at the full performance level described above, however, duties are less complex and will be performed under closer supervision with more detailed guidance.