DFAS' mission is to lead the DoD in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas. For more information visit www.dfas.mil
Vacancy Information: This position is located in Deputy Director Strategy and Support, Information & Technology Directors Office,Infrastructure and Protection Support Networks/Storage Engineering Indianapolis, Indiana.
· Incumbent serves as a subject matter expert in the design and implementation of policies and procedures regarding IT security, planning, acquisition, installation, operation, and modification of all locally installed network hardware and software.
· Develops, maintains, and modifies configuration control standards, and methods of operations for network software and utilities required for Mid-Tier platform, Enterprise Local Area Network (LAN), and Wide Area Network (WAN) operations.
· Participates with decision-makers in setting program goals and establishing priorities to support the organizational mission. Develops organizational policy and procedures for implementation of guidance from higher level authority and provides advantages and disadvantages of different approaches.
· Designs network technical benchmarks and performance measurement and evaluation data, in conjunction with modeling and simulation techniques, in planning for increased capacity and for supporting any additional workloads.
· Maintains network security profile in accordance with US Cybercom policies, directives, and requirements. Provides security status reporting in response to security audits and alerts