About the Agency
Formal consideration of interested applicants will begin on May 21, 2014 and continue until a selection is made.
Become a part of our mission to maintain and strengthen the vitality of the US science and engineering enterprise. For over 60 years, the National Science Foundation (NSF) has remained the premier Federal agency supporting basic research at the frontiers of discovery across all fields, as well as science and engineering education at all levels.
The National Science Foundation’s (NSF) Division of Human Resources Management (HRM), Office of Information and Resource Management (OIRM) announces a nationwide search for an Organizational Evaluation & Assessment Researcher. HRM work is highly integrated with agency strategic goals and initiatives and prides itself on having a strategic approach to workforce management. Activities involve a high degree of coordination with agency strategic planning initiatives and task forces. Vertical integration of Federal, NSF and HRM strategic initiatives with human capital operations enhances all aspects of service delivery and makes HRM a strategic business partner for the agency.
More information about HRM can be found here.
The Organizational Evaluation & Assessment Researcher will report to the Workforce Planning & Analysis Branch (WPAB) Chief and work in the area of strategic human capital planning. You will collaborate with agency leadership to assess and develop employee engagement strategies and guide Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey (FEVS) action planning to achieve mission success. NSF offers a unique perspective as a small agency supporting headquarters human capital oversight and accountability, as well as implementation and assessment of local human capital programs and implementation efforts. You will have the opportunity to gain insight into a myriad of Federal human capital strategic management programs (i.e. Diversity and Inclusion, GPRA-MA, HRstat) that intersect with agency human capital objectives, employee attitudes identified in the FEVS, changing business processes, and an increasingly virtual workforce. NSF is committed to exploring innovative programs, results-oriented business practices, and data driven decision-making. If you are looking for a position where you can work directly with both organizational leaders and employees and a dynamic work environment in a unique federal agency, look no further!
The Organizational Evaluation and Assessment Researcher will:
- Serve as a subject matter expert to agency leadership on FEVS action planning and analyses
- Direct and advise the FEVS project team on implementation and assessment activities
- Conduct literature reviews to identify best practices and/or alternative methods to support employee engagement and action planning
- Direct the creation and validation of NSF-specific FEVS indices
- Identify FEVS and other workforce indicators and core metrics
- Advise on the integration of human capital data analytics and improve evaluation metrics
- Develop data visualization and distribution tools and technologies
- Identify areas for enhanced data analysis to improve planning and implementation
- Oversee implementation of FEVS support services via internal consulting teams
- Oversee facilitation of focus groups, strategic planning and action planning discussions
- Transfer knowledge of analytical and assessment methods to Federal staff to support long-term continuity service
- Additional duties may be assigned