Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Immigration and Customs Enforcement is the principal investigative arm of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the second largest investigative agency in the Federal government. Created in 2003 through a merger of the investigative and interior enforcement elements of the U.S. Customs Service and the Immigration and Naturalization Service, ICE now has more than 20,000 employees in more than 400 offices in the United States and 47 foreign countries around the world. ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov.
For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations: San Jose, CA; San Diego, CA; Salt Lake City, UT; Phoenix, AZ; Tulsa, OK; San Antonio, TX; Jackson, MS; Indianapolis, IN; Louisville, KY; Ft Lauderdale, FL; Arlington (Crystal City), VA; Raleigh, NC; Cherry Hill, NJ; New York, NY; Boston, MA.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
This is a non-bargaining unit position.
As a SEVP Field Representative you will perform the following duties:
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The Major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS 9-12 grade level, the incumbent performs assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. The incumbent will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-13.
- Responsible for directing, implementing, coordinating and overseeing a major segment of SEVP,i.e., providing technical assistance and direct support to colleges and universities relative to SEVP certification/recertification
- Promotes and assists schools in obtaining and maintaining data integrity in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Assists colleges and universities through explanation, training and research of issues with respect to SEVIS related policies, rules and regulations
- Conducts site visits at schools, interview school officials for the purpose of determining direct knowledge of SEVP and SEVIS, records reviews, and provide general assistance to schools with SEVIS/SEVP interaction
- Meets with external stakeholders and provides complete direction and guidance pertaining to regulations and statutes for F and M visa holders. Trains external stakeholders on myriad issues relating to SEVIS/SEVIS II, as well as training junior Field Representatives.
- Represents SEVP at conferences/meetings.
- 25% or Greater
- Frequent travel required