You qualify at the GS-09 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-07 or equivalent level performing duties such as:
- Works at or with schools/institutions which accept non immigrant F and M visa holders to their courses of study and analyzes circumstances regarding the issues and suggests the appropriate course of actions
- Answers questions for, and review files of approved schools/institutions to determine compliance and to ensure data integrity with guidance from the supervisor and designated analyst
You qualify at the GS-11 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-09 or equivalent level performing duties such as:
- Interface with academic community of the United States and other governmental and non-governmental external stakeholders with regard to the certification and recertification of institutions that accept on immigrant foreign students to their courses of study
- Analyzes and evaluates major SEVP administrative aspects of substantive, mission-oriented programs and consults with the supervisor in order to develop long-range program plans, objectives, and milestones
You qualify at the GS-12 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-11 or equivalent level performing duties such as:
- Extensive knowledge of a wide range of methods for assessment and improvement of complex SEVP programs, processes and systems
- Superior interpersonal and administrative skills to organize and coordinate professional efforts to meet complex planning needs and anticipated requirements
- Provides written and oral reports with conclusions, alternatives and recommendations on SEVP policies and projects
You qualify at the GS-13 level if you possess one (1) year of specialized experience at the GS-12 or equivalent level performing duties such as:
- Directs, implements, coordinating and overseeing a major segment of SEVP,i.e., providing technical assistance and direct support to colleges and universities relative to SEVP certification/recertification
- Provides advice and guidance to resolve, implement and manage SEVP program or policy issues that involve major areas of uncertainty or require clarification
- Trains external stakeholders and junior SEVP Field Representatives on myriad issues relating to SEVIS/SEVIS II and related regulations and statutes; represents SEVP at conference/meetings
Quality ranking factor(s) are knowledge, skills or abilities that are highly desired by the hiring manager, though not required. Applicants who possess the quality ranking factor(s) can be rated above those who do not. Relevant quality ranking factor experience must be well documented in your resume.
Qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement. Qualification claims will be subject to verification.
Substitution of Education for Experience:
(GS-09 only) You may substitute successful completion of a master's or equivalent graduate degree, 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or a L.L.B/J.D. degree for the experience required at the GS-9 level. This education must have been obtained from an accredited college or university. Check with your school to determine how many credit hours comprise two years of graduate education. If that information is not available, use 36 semester hours or 54 quarter hours.
(GS-11 only) You may substitute successful completion of a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree, or LL.M, if related, in an accredited college or university for experience required at the GS-11 level. This education must demonstrate the skills needed to do the work. One year of full-time graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that the school attended has determined to represent 1 year of full-time study. If that information cannot be obtained from the school, 54 semester hours or 81 quarter hours should be considered as satisfying the 3 years of full-time study requirement.
Requirements by Closing Date: Unless otherwise noted, you must meet all requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
Probationary Period: This is a full-time permanent position (Career/Career-Conditional appointment). Upon appointment to this position, you may be required to serve a one-year probationary period.
Special Requirements: The nature of the work requires travel on a frequent basis throughout the year. You must hold a valid drivers' license and be able to successfully obtain and hold a Secret Security Clearance. Field Representatives are required to attend training conferences, participate in training seminars and receive specialized training in SEVP/SEVIS laws and regulations.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
We will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. If you meet the minimum qualifications, your experience, education and training will be rated using an Assessment Questionnaire. The questions are related to the following fundamental competencies (or Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) needed to perform the duties of this job:
- Knowledge and ability to utilize analytical tools and methodology to implement applicable laws, policies, and regulations
- Extensive knowledge of the law, policies, and regulations relative to SEVP and SEVIS database
- Ability to plan and manage a complex, mobile (travel) schedule with minimum supervision
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
Based on your responses, you will be placed in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a superior level of all evaluation criteria.
- Well Qualified: Applicants possessing a background that demonstrates a satisfactory level of the evaluation criteria.
- Qualified: Applicants possessing the basic qualifications, with general knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Applicants in the Best Qualified category will be referred to the hiring manager and may be called for an interview.
Agency Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) or Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) eligible: If you have never been a Federal employee, you are not eligible to apply under CTAP/ICTAP. This program offers displaced Federal employees priority for jobs within the agency from which they have separated or are separating. For more information, please see: http://www.opm.gov/ctap/.
To be considered well qualified under ICTAP/CTAP you MUST be placed in the Well Qualified Category for this position. In addition, you must submit the supporting documents listed under the required documents section of this announcement.
Veterans: Veterans with 5-point preference who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements are placed above non-preference eligibles within the category in which they are qualified. Veterans who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10% are placed in the best qualified category above non-preference eligibles, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher. This position (is or is not) considered scientific/professional. For more information regarding veterans' preference, please see: http://www.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Vetguide.asp