Customs & Border Protection (CBP): Securing America's Borders
Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resiliency to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
Discover a challenging and rewarding career in CBP, the sole organization responsible for securing the nation's borders. At U.S. Customs and Border Protection, we:
- Screen passengers, vehicles, and shipments entering our country
- Seize illegal narcotics, vehicles, and agricultural products
- Prevent unauthorized entry into the country
- Rescue individuals who fall into dangerous conditions traversing our border
For more information about CBP's mission, activities, and careers, please see http://www.cbp.gov/.
This position will allow you to use your expertise of mechanical makeup, operation, and working relationships of heavy-duty systems, assemblies, and parts. Apply for this exciting opportunity to strengthen the Departments ability to perform homeland security functions by making repairs on heavy mobile equipment and vehicles. This position starts at a salary of $23.13 (WG-10) per hour.
****This Announcement has been amended to extend the closing date to Monday, May 19, 2014.****
Who May Apply:
Organizational Location: This position is located within U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Office of Border Patrol, Tucson Sector, Ajo Station, Ajo, AZ.
One or more selections may be made using this job opportunity announcement.
Your job will include:
- Making repairs to a full range of systems on heavy mobile equipment and vehicles.
- Determining the cause of mechanical operating problems by tracing and locating defects.
- Overhauling or rebuilding one or more systems on a wide range of vehicles or equipment, such as diesel, gasoline, and other types of internal combustion engines; automatic and non-automated transmissions; heavy duty drive line systems; and/or hydraulic utility systems and controls.
- Conducting functional and performance tests on completed work assignments.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be required to travel occasionally.