About the Agency
**This vacancy announcement has been extended to close on 05/21/2014.**
Position is being advertised concurrently under BR-PN-VA-SRA-14-197 for current federal employees serving under a competitive service career or career-conditional appointment or reinstatement eligible. If you are interested in applying under both announcement numbers, you must submit application packages for each.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Engineering Technician (NERC/WECC). You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is an opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
Promotion to the Full Performance Level: The career ladder promotion potential of this position is the GS-12 level. However, this position may be filled at a lower grade. If so, when and if it is determined that a subsequent promotion is warranted, it may be made without further competition. Promotion up to and including the GS-12 level is neither guaranteed nor automatic.
**Only ONE position being is being advertised. However, this position may be filled in either Heyburn, Idaho or Boise, Idaho.**
Location – Heyburn, Idaho OR Boise, Idaho
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
Relocation expenses are authorized for current federal employees. Consideration may be given to the use of a relocation or recruitment bonus if selected, but this benefit is not guaranteed or automatic.
A Recruitment Incentive may be authorized. For information on recruitment incentives visit:http://www.opm.gov/3rs/fact/RECBONFS.asp
- Develops procedures to achieve Snake River Area Office (SRAO) compliance with applicable North American Electric Reliability Corporation/Western Electricity Coordinating Council (NERC/WECC) standards and Reclamation’s Bulk Electric System reliability policies and directives.
- Coordinates efforts within SRAO and with the Regional Office, and provides technical direction across SRAO to promote consistent application of processes and procedures addressing NERC/WECC compliance.
- Prepares reports on progress and status of reliability compliance, self-certification documents, mitigation plans, and violation reports. Assists facilities in preparing Reliability Standards Audit Worksheets (RSAWs), negative assurance statements, non applicability statements, and other required documentation.
- Serves as the central point of contact for all aspects of SRAO electrical reliability activities, including data submission, status reporting, self-certification, mitigation plans, and violation reporting.
- Establishes and manages electronic repository of SRAO NERC/WECC compliance documents in alignment with Reclamation guidelines, NERC/WECC standards, and Regional Office direction.