Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to to provide overall leadership, direction, and administration of policy and planning functions in support of its nationwide protection, law enforcement, and security programs? Then consider joining the Federal Protective Service (FPS), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
- Serve as an advisor to FPS providing technical oversight and guidance to all strategic planning, policy analysis and development.
- Analyze and evaluate programs, plans, policies and infrastructure sector partnerships and operations to enhance the execution of policy and planning goals and objectives.
- Evaluate the strategy, policy, and concept of operations and standard operating procedures for FPS and develop recommendations for changes/improvements.
- Conduct and participate in conferences and meetings to consult in the preparation or review of proposed legislation, regulation, rulings and matters related with NPPD practices, programs, and initiatives.
- Occasional Travel
- Overnight travel of 1-5 nights per month may be required.