Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to provide managers with objectively based information for making decisions on the administrative and programmatic aspects of agency operations and management? Then consider joining the Office of Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
Major duties at the full performance level GS-12 will involve the following:
- Support Information Security (IT) Program Managers and supervisors in analyzing and evaluating program effectiveness.
- Assess IT Security policy and review, revise, and develop recommended changes to existing policies.
- Analyze, evaluate, and advise on IT Security policies and programs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to communicate IT Security program goals and objectives.
- Assist in developing and coordinating administrative processes to improve organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Occasional Travel
- Overnight travel of 1 to 5 nights per month may be required.