The Department of Veterans Affairs is interested in attracting the best talent for our diverse cadre of SES members from all sources: within VA, the Federal government, and from the private sector. We have streamlined our recruitment process and now only require you to submit a 5 page resume to apply for this position.
This position is located in the Board of Veterans Appeals. The Board of Veterans' Appeals (Board/BVA) is the component
of the VA that is responsible for entering the final decision on behalf of the
Secretary in each of the thousands of claims for entitlement to veterans'
benefits that are presented annually for appellate review. The Board is divided into three primary
components: The Office of Veteran Law
Judges, The Appellate Team, and the Management, Planning and Analysis (MPA)
The Director, MPA works closely with the Chairman and Vice
Chairman in directly managing the administrative and support operations of the
Board and provides expert advice on the formulation and execution of strategic
management planning and budgeting for the agency.
VA structures its SES positions into pay bands. This is a pay band 3 position and the salary range is $120,749 - $167,000. Exceptions to the salary cap may be considered in certain circumstances.
Multiple similarly categorized positions may be filled using this vacancy announcementVA structures it's SES positions into pay bands.
The Chief, Management, Planning and Analysis, is responsible to the Vice Chairman. The position requires the effective and economical direction, control, and operation of the full realm of administrative and support operations. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The incumbent performs the full realm of day-to-day management duties and provides direction to over 100 administrative support staff to include subordinate supervisors. Incumbent makes executive decisions for programs regarding the organizational structure, delegations of authority, and the maintenance of effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides continuous supervision over the Board's budgeting and planning operations to include all aspects of resource management program development, execution and evaluation.
- Identifies weaknesses and recommends appropriate solutions.
- Provides oversight for administrative and management support operations to include Integrated Management Policy and Planning and Statistical Operations and Reports. In this capacity, the Director analyzes operational functions, develops strategies and new policies.
- Confers with top departmental offices of the VA and other government agencies, including members of Congress and officials of the Veteran Service Organizations (VSO).
- Responsible for the efficient supervision and direction of Automated Data processing programs including planning, policy, operations and contract management.