About the Agency
When disaster strikes, America looks to FEMA. Now FEMA looks to you. Join our team and use your talent to support Americans in their times of greatest need. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for all hazards and manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident. We foster innovation, reward performance and creativity, and provide challenges on a routine basis with a well-skilled, knowledgeable, high performance workforce. Please visit www.fema.gov for additional information.
This position is ideal for a professional who has experience with relational database languages such as SQL and PL/SQL. This position starts at a salary of $63,091.00 (GS-11 step 1). Full performance level of the position is at the GS-11 level. Apply for this exciting opportunity to become a member of the Enterprise Coordination and Information Management Section of the National Processing Services Center Operations Division!
EMERGENCY ASSIGNMENT: Every FEMA employee has regular and recurring emergency management responsibilities, though not every position requires routine deployment to disaster sites. All positions are subject to recall around the clock for emergency management operations, which may require irregular work hours, work at locations other than the official duty station, and may include duties other than those specified in the employee's official position description. Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.
This position is being announced under FEMA's CORE Program (Cadre of On-call Response/Recovery employees). These positions are authorized under P.L. 93-288 to perform temporary disaster work and are funded from the Disaster Relief Fund. Appointments are excepted service, temporary appointments. This is a 2 year temporary appointment in the Excepted Service.
In this position, you will provide analytical consultation and technical advice to subject matter experts and others on data extraction and automation techniques. Typical work assignments include:
- Knowledge of principles, concepts and methodology of application development and maintenance.
- Coordinate and participate in testing efforts for web based database applications in order to test functionality and usability of technical solutions.
- Knowledge to design, implement, maintain and make continuous improvements to database driven tools. Knowledge of relational database languages such as SQL and PL/SQL.
- Troubleshoot software applications and develop solutions or recommend fixes to address front end problems as well as perform data analyses on the source data to reveal possible issues.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel requirements in support of emergency operations may be extensive in nature (weeks to months), with little advance notice, and may require employees to relocate to emergency sites with physically austere and operationally challenging conditions.