Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools throughout the Command? Then consider joining the Capability Branch, Network Security Deployment (NSD) Division, Office of Cyber security and Communications (CS&C), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
Who May Be Considered: Applications will be accepted from all U.S. Citizens.
This announcement is issued under the direct-hire authority to recruit for positions for which there is a critical hiring need. Selectee(s) will receive a career or career-conditional appointment in the competitive service and may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
- Provide support for the development of critical advanced analytics capability in support of a national cyber security program.
- Plan, design and implement new and improved leading edge cyber analytic information systems to defend against cyber threats.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders in the cyber analytics area, with a focus on analytic management services, distributed real time cloud analytic solutions, complex event management/processing solutions, and big data analytic frameworks.
- Evaluate capabilities and advancements of leading industry technologies that support the programs strategic goals.
- Develop plans, requirements, and system artifacts to attain sustainable, scalable, distributed, resilient systems and capabilities.
If selected to fill this position at the GS-11 or GS-12 grade level, your duties will be the same as those listed above, but under closer supervision until the full performance level of GS-13 is achieved