The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visitNIH Overview.
This position is located in the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), Office of the Director (OD), Office of Science Management and Operations (OSMO), Technology Transfer and Intellectual Property Office (TTIPO). The TTIPO establishes and implements policies governing certain NIAID technology transfer activities.
You will serve as a Technology Development Specialist providing general advice, guidance, and assistance on issues relating to collaborative and other agreements, inventions, patents, licensing, royalties, and other technology transfer matters. If selected for this position, you will perform the following duties:
- Advise NIAID staff of the interpretation of laws, regulations, and policies pertaining to technology transfer activities.
- Assess and make recommendations regarding the patentability of inventions by applying knowledge in the field as well as conducting searches and assessing the commercial potential of inventions.
- Assist in conducting programs to educate NIAID intramural and extramural scientists and administrators about technology transfer.
- Participate, as appropriate, in meetings to discuss intellectual property and technology transfer matters.
- Assist in reviews, drafts, and negotiations of technology transfer agreements for assigned intramural laboratories and extramural branches.
- Assist in monitoring deadlines and other benchmarks in agreements to determine if collaborators are meeting their obligations.