Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
As a Computer Scientist in the Office of Business Informatics (OBI), Office of Strategic Programs (OSP), Center for Drug Evaluation and Research (CDER), you will be responsible for leading break-through informatics initiatives and transforming regulatory operations across the human drug review program.
This announcement is open continuous for 90 days with the following cut-off dates for certification:
- July 2, 2014
- August 18, 2014
Review this announcement to be sure all required documents are submitted prior to the cut-off date.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
- Leads project team(s) in ensuring that project goals are met in a timely and efficient manner by utilizing or implementing strategic plans and setting priorities consistently.
- Establishes effective client/customer relationships and strategic engagement with senior leadership.
- Develops the right overall strategies, priorities, initiatives and measures that maximize adoption and value creation of informatics solutions.
- Applies a wide range of methods for the assessment and improvement of processes and services.
- Develops and maintains a collaborative network of strategic partners across FDA, CDER, and the external world to identify, create and deliver innovative solutions.
- Anticipates change and applies informatics and business process reengineering to transform business operations.
- Leverages internal and external mastery to deliver breakthrough business results.