There is one (1) position located in the Pacific Southwest Region (Region 5) on the Modoc National Forest with two duty locations to choose from. Final determination of duty station will be made by the selecting official at the time of job offer. In order to be considered for either or both of these locations, please verify that the appropriate duty location is selected.
A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies.
It's an awesome responsibility - but the rewards are as limitless as the views.
This position is being concurrently announced under Merit Promotion Announcement Number 14-1462614669G-LS. Current or former Federal employees may apply to both announcements, but should be sure to apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement in order to avoid losing consideration since different referral criteria apply to each type of announcement. Disabled veterans, candidates with 3 or more years of active duty military service, and candidates eligible for special hiring authorities may apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement if they meet the criteria outlined in the announcement and submit supporting documentation.
The USDA Forest Service has legislative authority to recruit and fill Permanent (Career/Career-Conditional), Temporary, and Term Appointments under the USDA Demonstration Project. Under this authority, any U.S. citizen may apply.
For additional information about the duties of this position please contact Chris Christofferson at (530) 283-7652; or by email at email@example.com .
This is a Support Services Specialist position responsible for accomplishing a variety of support services including but not limited to the following: procurement of administrative supplies and equipment, tracking budget expenses, personnel processing, printing and mail service, space management, records and correspondence management.
- Planning, establishing work schedules, setting priorities, assigning and reviewing work.
- Approving leave requests, setting performance standards and evaluating performance.
- Reviewing, editing, monitoring, and organizing budget requests.
- Creating budget reports, validating budget transactions, and resolving inconsistencies.
- Answering visitor inquiries.
- Providing advice and guidance on procurement and human resources regulations, and policies regarding time and attendance as well as travel.
- Ensuring procurement requests including all pertinent information.
- Verifying purchase order receipts and following up on invoices and other payment documents.
- Coordinating and assembling information for procurement documents.
- Overseeing the contract compliance fur unit maintenance, security, janitorial, general repairs, unit housing repairs, etc.
- Preparing and processing correspondence, reports, and forms; hard-copy and electronic filing; mail procedures; using GOVTRIP, as well as security procedures.