Job Title:Support Services Specialist
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Job Announcement Number:14-1462614669G-LS
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, April 25, 2014 to
Monday, May 05, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|1 vacancy in the following location(s):|
Adin, CA View Map
Tulelake, CA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
Current permanent Federal employees with competitive status, reinstatement eligibles, persons with disabilities, VEOA/VRA eligibles, certain military spouses, 30% or more disabled veterans, former Peace Corps or VISTA volunteers, CTAP/ICTAP eligibles, Farm Service Agency permanent county employees and those eligible for other Special Hiring Authorities.
A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies.
It's an awesome responsibility - but the rewards are as limitless as the views.
This position is being concurrently announced under USDA Demonstration Project procedures (open to US Citizens) under announcement number 14-1462614669DP-LS. Current or former Federal employees and candidates eligible for special hiring authorities may apply to both announcements, but should be sure to apply to this Merit Promotion Announcement in order to avoid losing consideration since different referral criteria apply to each type of announcement.
There is one (1) position located in the Pacific Southwest Region (Region 5) on the Modoc National Forest with two duty locations to choose from. Final determination of duty station will be made by the selecting official at the time of job offer. In order to be considered for either or both of these locations, please verify that the appropriate duty location is selected.
For additional information about the duties of this position please contact Chris Christofferson at (530) 283-7652; or by email at email@example.com .
This is a Support Services Specialist position responsible for accomplishing a variety of support services including but not limited to the following: procurement of administrative supplies and equipment, tracking budget expenses, personnel processing, printing and mail service, space management, records and correspondence management.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must possess the Basic Requirements identified below to be considered eligible for this position. Transcripts must be provided for qualifications based on education. Your application or resume must clearly show that you possess the appropriate experience requirements.
GS-6: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-5 grade level; six months (9 semester hours) of successfully completed graduate level education if the coursework is directly related to the work of the position (for example Business Administration); and/or combinations of graduate level education that is directly related to the position and specialized experience. The education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. Examples of specialized experience are: Analyzed costs, procurement for annual operating budget reporting; purchased supplies, equipment and services through open market purchase by blanket agreement, cash or official credit card; maintained official files; reviewed correspondence for grammatical accuracy.
To receive consideration for this position, you must meet all qualification requirements within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
TIME IN GRADE REQUIREMENT: If you are a current federal employee in the General
Schedule (GS) pay plan and applying for a promotion opportunity, you must meet time-in-grade (TIG) requirements with 52 weeks of service at the next lower grade level in the normal line of progression for the position being filled. This requirement must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
May be subject to satisfactory completion of one year probationary or trial period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
- You will be evaluated based on your qualifications for this position as evidenced by the education, experience, and training you described in your application package, as well as the responses to the Occupational Questionnaire to determine the degree to which you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies listed below:
- Ability to lead
- Knowledge of administrative policies, procedures, and practices
- Ability to perform a variety of office support functions related to human resources, procurement, supplies, and property management
- Skill in office automation and technology; i.e. various software/database applications for organizational tracking and reporting purposes
- We will review your application, including the online Occupational Questionnaire, to ensure you meet the job requirements and assess your ability to perform this job. Before any certificate can be issued to the selecting official, the resume and supporting documents are reviewed by an HR Specialist to ensure that (a) minimum qualification requirements are met and (b) the resume supports the answers provided to the job-specific questions. Your answers will be verified against information provided in your online resume and application. Be sure that your resume clearly supports your responses to all the questions addressing experience and education relevant to this position.
- Applicants who meet the basic minimum qualification requirements and are determined to be among the best qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for consideration. Non-Competitive candidates need to meet minimum qualification requirements to be referred.
Note: If, after reviewing your resume and / or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your score can / will be lowered to more accurately reflect the submitted documentation. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Deliberate attempts to falsify information may be grounds for not selecting you.
Clicking on the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply Online" button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://fs.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=ec1c9c56-69a9-4d83-99d7-a317010e09b1
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Please read the entire announcement and all the instructions before you begin.
The following instructions outline our application process.
- You must complete this application process and submit all required documents electronically by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
- We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). Applying online is highly encouraged. If applying online poses a hardship, please contact our office during business hours well before the closing date for an alternate method. All hardship application packages with supporting documents must be submitted no later than noon on the closing date of the announcement in order to be entered into the system prior to its closing.
- This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis; contact us if you are requesting this.
Step 1: Create a USAJOBS account (if you do not have one) at www.usajobs.gov. It is recommended that as part of your profile you set up automatic email notification to be informed when the status of your application changes. If you choose not to set up this automatic notification, then you will have to log into your USAJOBS account to check on the status of your application.
Step 2: Create a resume with USAJOBS or upload a resume into your USAJOBS account. Customize your resume to ensure it documents duties and accomplishments you have gained that are directly related to this position in order to verify that qualifications are met. Your resume must support your responses to the online questionnaire (you may preview the online questionnaire by clicking on the link at the end of the How You Will Be Evaluated section of the job announcement).
Step 3: Click "Apply Online" and follow the prompts to complete the Occupational Questionnaire and attach any additional documents that may be required.
You can update your application or documents anytime while the announcement is open. Log into your USAJOBS account and click on "Application Status." Click on the position title, and then select "Update Application” to continue.
NOTE: Verify that uploaded documents from USAJOBs transfer into the Agency's staffing system. Once in the Agency's staffing system you will have the opportunity to upload additional documents. Uploaded documents must be less than 3MB and in one of the following document formats: GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, RTF, PDF, or Word (DOC or DOCX).
A complete Application Package must be submitted and received prior to 11:59, ET, on the closing date. The following documents are required for your application package to be complete. Our office cannot be responsible for incompatible software, illegible fax transmissions, delays in the mail service, your system failure or downtime, etc. Failure to submit required, legible documents may result in loss of consideration.
- Resume that includes the following information: 1) personal information; 2) education; 3) work experience including the work schedule and hours worked per week as well as dates of employment; and title, series and grade if applicable; 4) supervisor's phone number and e-mail address for each work period listed and whether or not we may contact them for reference checks; and, 5) other qualifications.
- College Transcripts if education is required for meeting basic qualifications and/or used as a substitute for specialized experience. An unofficial copy is sufficient however, if selected; an official college transcript will be required prior to entering on duty. Education must have been successfully completed and obtained from an accredited school, college, or university. Foreign education must be evaluated by an approved organization. For additional information, refer to the U.S. Department of Education web site at http://www.ed.gov. All transcripts must be in English or include an English translation.
Other required documents as applicable:
- Current/Former Career/Career-Conditional: Most recent non-award Notification of Personnel Action (SF-50 or equivalent) showing that you are/were in the competitive service, highest grade (or promotion potential) held on a permanent basis, federal status, position title, series and grade AND most recently completed performance appraisal (dated within 18 months) showing the official rating of record, signed by the supervisor, or a statement as to why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Do not submit a performance plan.
- Veteran Hiring Authorities: (VEOA, VRA, and 30% Disabled Veterans): DD-214 (Member 4 Copy). Disabled veterans must include your VA letter & SF-15 if claiming 10 pt. preference. Current active duty members must submit a certification that they are expected to be discharged or released from active duty under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date the certification is submitted.
- Schedule A, Persons with Disabilities: Schedule A letter from a physician, local, state or federal rehabilitation office citing eligibility under 5 CFR 213.3102 (u).
- Certain Military Spouses under E.O. 13473: Verification of the marriage to the service member (i.e., a marriage license or other legal documentation verifying marriage), plus Permanent Change of Station: PCS orders issued within the last 2 years, that: lists you as authorized to accompany the military member to the new duty permanent station; the specific location; and the effective date of the PCS OR Military disability of 100%: verification of the member's release or discharge due to 100% disability (DD-214 and VA Letter) OR Death while serving on active duty: 1) Verification of release or discharge due to death (DD-214). 2) Verification of the member’s death (DD-1300 and Death Certificate. 3) Statement certifying they are un-remarried widow or widower of the service member.
- Foreign Service: Most recent Foreign Service Notification of Personnel Action, showing that you were/are serving under an unlimited, career-type appointment AND have completed at least 1 year of continuous service without a break of a workday under one or more nontemporary Foreign Service appointments.
- CTAP/ICTAP: Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, Notice of Proposed Removal, or appropriate OPM/Agency certification; AND most recent performance evaluation; AND SF-50 demonstrating your separation or the position from which you will be separated.
- Peace Corps/VISTA Volunteers: Documentation of no less than 24 months (Peace Corps) or 1 year (VISTA) of continuous service and separated within 1 year of completing the qualifying service.
- Peace Corps Staff: Documentation of no less than 36 months of continuous service without a break in service of 3 days or more and separated within the 3 years of completing the qualifying service.
- Certain Family Members under E.O. 12721: Most recent non-award SF-50 and performance appraisal.
- Interchange Agreement with Other Merit Systems: Documentation of eligibility as listed in interchange agreement.
- Miscellaneous Authorities Not Regulated by the Office of Personnel Management: (Postal Career Service Employees, Postal Service Commission Employees, GAO, US Courts, etc.), Current Notification of Personnel Action (or equivalent) that reflects your eligibility.
- Other Special Hiring Authorities: If you are claiming eligibility under a Special Hiring Authority, you must submit supporting documents.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you set up your USAJOBS account to send automatic email notifications, you will receive an acknowledgment email that the submission of your online Occupational Questionnaire and resume was successful, if you were referred to the selecting official for consideration, and if you were selected or not selected. If you choose not to set up automatic email notifications, you must check your USAJOBS account for the latest status of your application. Your application may be reviewed to verify that you meet the qualifications and eligibility requirements for the position prior to issuing lists to a selecting official. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted. Normally, a final job offer to the selected candidate is made within 30-60 days after the issuance of the certificate.