Job Title:Support Services Specialist
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Job Announcement Number:14-03420607DP-LS
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Friday, April 25, 2014 to
Monday, May 05, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|1 vacancy -
Camino, CA View Map|
1 vacancy -
Happy Camp, CA View Map
1 vacancy -
Placerville, CA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
US Citizens and Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
There are three (3) positions located in the Pacific Southwest Region (Region 5). There are two (2) on the Eldorado National Forest, one (1) located on the Placerville Ranger District with a duty location of Camino, CA, one (1) located at the Supervisors Office with a duty location of Placerville, CA. There is also one (1) position on the Klamath National Forest located on the Happy Camp Ranger District with a duty location of Happy Camp, CA. In order to be considered for any or all of these locations, please verify that the appropriate duty location is selected.
A career with the Forest Service will challenge you to manage and care for more than 193 million acres of our nation's most magnificent lands, conduct research through a network of forest and range experiment stations and the Forest Products Laboratory, and provide assistance to State and private forestry agencies.
It's an awesome responsibility - but the rewards are as limitless as the views.
This position is being concurrently announced under Merit Promotion Announcement Number 14-03420607G-LS
. Current or former Federal employees may apply to both announcements, but should be sure to apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement in order to avoid losing consideration since different referral criteria apply to each type of announcement. Disabled veterans, candidates with 3 or more years of active duty military service, and candidates eligible for special hiring authorities may apply to the Merit Promotion Announcement if they meet the criteria outlined in the announcement and submit supporting documentation.
The USDA Forest Service has legislative authority to recruit and fill Permanent (Career/Career-Conditional), Temporary, and Term Appointments under the USDA Demonstration Project. Under this authority, any U.S. citizen may apply.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact:
Camino, CA: Duane Nelson at (530) 647-5301; or email@example.com
Placerville, CA: Katy Parr at (530) 295-5643; or firstname.lastname@example.org
Happy Camp, CA: Thomas Mutz at (530) 493-1712, or email@example.com
Hourly wage as shown is for Rest of the U.S. (RUS). Specific wage rate will vary by location and may be higher or lower than the amount shown on the vacancy announcement. Please click the following link to search for a specific location on the General Schedule Pay Scale: http://www.opm.gov/oca/12tables/indexGS.asp
- US Citizenship is required.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
DUTIES:Back to top
The duties listed are at the full performance level of this position:
- Planning, establishing work schedules, setting priorities, assigning and reviewing work.
- Approving leave requests, setting performance standards and evaluating performance.
- Reviewing, editing, monitoring, and organizing budget requests.
- Creating budget reports, validating budget transactions, and resolving inconsistencies.
- Answering visitor inquiries.
- Providing advice and guidance on procurement and human resources regulations, and policies regarding time and attendance as well as travel.
- Ensuring procurement requests including all pertinent information.
- Verifying purchase order receipts and following up on invoices and other payment documents.
- Coordinating and assembling information for procurement documents.
- Overseeing the contract compliance fur unit maintenance, security, janitorial, general repairs, unit housing repairs, etc.
- Preparing and processing correspondence, reports, and forms; hard-copy and electronic filing; mail procedures; using GOVTRIP, as well as security procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
You must possess the Basic Requirements identified below to be considered eligible for this position. Transcripts must be provided for qualifications based on education. Your application or resume must clearly show that you possess the appropriate experience requirements.
GS-6: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-5 grade level; six months (9 semester hours) of successfully completed graduate level education if the coursework is directly related to the work of the position (for example Business Administration); and/or combinations of graduate level education that is directly related to the position and specialized experience. The education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. Examples of specialized experience are listed at the full performance level of the position.
GS-7: One year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-6 grade level; one full year (18 semester hours) of successfully completed graduate level education if the coursework is directly related to the work of the position (for example Business Administration); and/or combinations of graduate level education that is directly related to the position and specialized experience. The education must have been obtained in an accredited college or university. Examples of specialized experience are: Analyzed costs, procurement for annual operating budget reporting; purchased supplies, equipment and services through open market purchase by blanket agreement, cash or official credit card; maintained official files; reviewed correspondence for grammatical accuracy.
To receive consideration for this position, you must meet all qualification requirements as of the closing date of the announcement.
May be subject to satisfactory completion of one year probationary or trial period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
You will be evaluated in accordance with the category rating procedure as defined in the USDA Demonstration Project Plan. Applicants who meet the basic minimum qualification requirements established for the position will be placed in the Eligible category. Eligible applicants will be further evaluated against criteria for placement in the Quality category. This evaluation is based on the level of your experience, education, and/or training as determined by your responses to the Occupational Questionnaire. Applicants with veterans’ preference are listed ahead of applicants who do not have veterans’ preference within each category.
Clicking on the link below will present a preview of the application form; i.e. the online questionnaire. The application form link below will only provide a preview and does not initiate the application process. To initiate the online application process, click the "Apply Online" button to the right.
To view the application form, visit: https://fs.usda.ntis.gov/cp/?event=jobs.previewApplication&jobid=780ae9d5-7cc2-446d-b12e-a316014e119f
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
Please read the entire announcement and all the instructions before you begin.
The following instructions outline our application process.
- You must complete this application process and submit all required documents electronically by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) on the closing date of this announcement.
- We are available to assist you during business hours (normally 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday). Applying online is highly encouraged. If applying online poses a hardship, please contact our office during business hours well before the closing date for an alternate method. All hardship application packages with supporting documents must be submitted no later than noon on the closing date of the announcement in order to be entered into the system prior to its closing.
- This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis; contact us if you are requesting this.
Step 1: Create a USAJOBS account (if you do not have one) at www.usajobs.gov. It is recommended that as part of your profile you set up automatic email notification to be informed when the status of your application changes. If you choose not to set up this automatic notification, then you will have to log into your USAJOBS account to check on the status of your application.
Step 2: Create a resume with USAJOBS or upload a resume into your USAJOBS account. Customize your resume to ensure it documents duties and accomplishments you have gained that are directly related to this position in order to verify that qualifications are met. Your resume must support your responses to the online questionnaire (you may preview the online questionnaire by clicking on the link at the end of the How You Will Be Evaluated section of the job announcement).
Step 3: Click "Apply Online" and follow the prompts to complete the Occupational Questionnaire and attach any additional documents that may be required.
You can update your application or documents anytime while the announcement is open. Log into your USAJOBS account and click on "Application Status." Click on the position title, and then select "Update Application” to continue.
NOTE: Verify that uploaded documents from USAJOBs transfer into the Agency's staffing system. Once in the Agency's staffing system you will have the opportunity to upload additional documents. Uploaded documents must be less than 3MB and in one of the following document formats: GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, RTF, PDF, or Word (DOC or DOCX).
You must submit a complete Application Package, prior to 11:59, ET, on the closing date of this announcement. The following documents must be submitted for your application package to be considered complete. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents are received within the required timeframes. Our office cannot be responsible for incompatible software, illegible fax transmissions, delays in the mail service, system failure or downtime, etc. Failure to submit required, legible documents may result in loss of consideration.
: If a document is resubmitted, it replaces the previous submission, which means the previous document is no longer available to the Human Resources Office. If you are adding to, rather than replacing a previous submission, you must upload both the old document and the new document. Please verify that documents you are uploading from USAJOBs transfer into the Agency's staffing system as there is a limitation to the number of documents that can be transferred. However, once in the Agency's staffing system, you will have the opportunity to upload additional documents. Uploaded resumes must be less than 3MB and in one of the following document formats: GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG, RTF, PDF, or Word (DOC or DOCX).
- Resume that includes the following information: 1) job information for which you are applying; 2) personal information; 3) education; 4) work experience including the work schedule and hours worked per week as well as dates of employment; and title, series and grade if applicable; 5) supervisors phone number and e-mail address for each work period listed and whether or not we may contact them for reference checks; and, 6) other qualifications.
- College Transcripts if education is required for meeting basic qualifications and/or you are substituting education for specialized experience and/or if you are using education to meet the criteria for the quality category. An unofficial copy is sufficient with the application; however, if selected, an official college transcript will be required prior to entering on duty.
- DD-214 (Member 4 Copy) if claiming Veterans’ Preference. Veterans claiming 10 point preference must also submit a VA Letter and an SF-15 Application for 10-point Veteran Preference. Current Active Duty members must submit a certification of expected discharge or release from active duty under honorable conditions dated within the last 120 days.
- Other required documents may include:
- CTAP/ICTAP Required Documentation Reduction-In-Force: Certification of Expected Separation, Reduction-In-Force Separation Notice, or Notice of Proposed Removal; AND most recent performance evaluation; AND SF-50 demonstrating your separation or the position you will be separated from.
- Worker's Compensation Separation: Agency certification of inability to place employee AND Notification of Separation OR Separation SF-50.
- Disability Annuity Termination: Notification from OPM of disability annuity termination AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held. Military Reserve or National Guard Technician Special Disability Retirement Annuity under 5 U.S.C. 8337(h) or 8456: Certification of special disability retirement annuity from a military department or National Guard Bureau AND Separation SF-50 of the last position held.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
If you set up your USAJOBS account to send automatic email notifications, you will receive an acknowledgment email that the submission of your online Occupational Questionnaire and resume was successful, if you were referred to the selecting official for consideration, and if you were selected or not selected. If you choose not to set up automatic email notifications, you must check your USAJOBS account for the latest status of your application. Your application may be reviewed to verify that you meet the qualifications and eligibility requirements for the position prior to issuing lists to a selecting official. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted. Normally, a final job offer to the selected candidate is made within 30-60 days after the issuance of the certificate.