Job Title:Budget Technician
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Reserve Command
Job Announcement Number:NCDE149569301105344D
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Saturday, April 26, 2014 to
Friday, May 09, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Moffett Field, CA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
This position is located at: 63rd Regional Support Command, Budget Division/Operations and
Maintenance, Army Reserve Branch, Resource Management Office, Moffett Field,
About the surrounding area: Located adjacent to
Moffett Federal Airfield, the 63rd RSC Bldg is about 3 miles (5 km) north of
downtown Mountain View, in Sunnyvale, California. The airport is near the south
end of San Francisco Bay. Moffett Field also hosts three university branch
campuses: San Jose State University's (SJSU) Metropolitan Technology Center, Carnegie
Mellon West, and UC Santa Cruz. For those who love the outdoors, you will love
what the City has to offer.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 15%.
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
- This position may offer a $3,000 recruitment bonus (see Other Requirements)
DUTIES:Back to top
Duties of this position include:
- Collect and compile budget data
- Develop trends and analyses
- Prepare financial reports
- Advise on budget documents and procedures
- Prepare obligating documents
- Certify fund requests
- Monitor utilization data
- Consolidate and submit budget requirements
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience.
Experience required: To qualify based on your work experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: compiling data for budget reports, monitoring
funds, assisting with budget preparation, and reviewing fund requests. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Budget Preparation
- Skill in Identifying Trends
- Ability to Prepare Budget Reports
- Ability to Monitor a Budget
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Defense National Relocation Program (DNRP) will
not be authorized.
position offers a $3000 recruitment bonus to individuals who are newly
appointed as civilians in the Federal Government. You are considered newly appointed if this is
your first appointment as a civilian employee in the Federal Government or if
you have a minimum of a 90-day break in service from a previous Federal
civilian position. You may qualify with
a break in service of less than 90 days only if your previous Federal civilian
appointment was a time-limited or not permanent appointment. Your recruitment bonus will be made in two
payments. You receive the first payment
when you enter on duty, and you receive the second payment on your first
anniversary. To accept this recruitment
bonus, you are required to make a two year service obligation to the Army
Reserve Military Technician Program.
Army Reserve Military Technicians may be authorized moving expenses to their
first official duty station. To be eligible
to receive moving expenses, you must be a newly appointed Federal civilian
employee or have a minimum of a 3 day break in service from previous Federal
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Basis for Rating: Qualified candidates will be assigned to one of three quality categories: Best Qualified, Highly Qualified and Qualified. Veteran preference eligibles are listed ahead of non-preference eligibles within each quality category.
- Best Qualified. Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Highly Qualified. Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for the announced position.
- Qualified. Candidates in this category meet the minimum experience requirements for the announced position.
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority. See Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) for more information. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website.