Department: Department of the Army
Agency: U.S. Army Acquisition Support Center
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Picatinny Arsenal, NJ View Map
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:The Department of Army's Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, with opportunities to work in the Department of Army and explore Federal careers while still in school and while getting paid for the work performed.
PEO Soldier designs, develops, procures, fields, and sustains virtually everything the Soldier wears or carries. By employing innovative concepts and technologies, PEO Soldier has made great strides in quickly getting improved equipment into the hands of Soldiers when and where they need it.
Picatinny's location is ideal for a variety of leisure activities, including summer and winter sports. The site itself offers excellent recreational facilities, including an employees club, tennis courts, softball diamonds, soccer fields, 18-hole golf course, water park, and fitness center. Nearby NYC offers museums, theatre, etc. Atlantic City is within driving distance, and professional sports fans will find the Giants, Jets, Devils, Rangers, Knicks, Nets, Mets, and Yankees.
Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program.
The Department of the Army Pathways Interns may be converted to a permanent position within 120 days of successful completion of the program.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Interns must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program
- Complete their degree or certificate requirements
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualification standards for the position to which the Intern will be converted
- Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participant's Agreement, and;
- Perform their job successfully as documented through performance evaluations and/or completion of an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
To learn more about the Pathways Internship Program, please visit: the Internship Program page on the Office of Personnel Management's website.
Who May Apply:
Department of the Army Internship Program Eligibles
Positions are open to current students in an accredited college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
- Not Required
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National
- Must sign Pathways Participant Agreement
- Must be a Student enrolled in an accredited school
- Relocation expenses are not authorized