Job Title:Student Trainee (Geographer or GIS)
Department:Department of the Army
Agency:U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
Job Announcement Number:SWGJ149866211104575P
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$25,669.00 to $37,457.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, April 29, 2014 to Tuesday, May 13, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Multiple Schedules - Internships NTE 1 year|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Pittsburgh, PA View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Student/Internship Program Eligibles|
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:
Click here for more information on Pathways program participation.
Position(s) will be filled under the Department of the Army Pathways Intern Program.
The Department of the Army Pathways Internship Program is designed to provide students currently enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with opportunities to work and get paid while exploring federal careers through a job with the Department of Army.
The Department of the Army Pathways Interns may be converted to a permanent position within 120 days of successful completion of the program.
To be eligible for conversion to a permanent or term position, Interns must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience acquired through the Internship Program
- Complete their degree or certificate requirements
- Meet the Office of Personnel Management's qualification standards for the position to which the Intern will be converted
- Meet agency-specific requirements as specified in the Participant's Agreement, and;
- Perform their job successfully as documented through performance evaluations and/or completion of an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
To learn more about the Pathways Internship Program, please visit: the Internship Program page on the Office of Personnel Management's website.
Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) cost is not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
Recruitment bonus will not be authorized.
Relocation bonus will not be paid.
Who May Apply:
Department of the Army Internship Program Eligibles
Positions are open to current students in an accredited high school, college (including 4-year colleges/universities, community colleges, and junior colleges); professional, technical, vocational, and trade school; advanced degree programs; or other qualifying educational institution pursuing a qualifying degree or certificate.
- Not Required
- Management may select at any of the grade levels announced.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Required to sign a Pathways Participant Agreement.
- Subject to background/suitability investigation.
- Enrolled at least half-time at a qualifying institution
- U.S. Citizen
- May be made permanent without further competition.
- May be extended up to a maximum of five years.
- Work Schedule may be full-time or part-time.