Job Title: Supervisory Transportation Specialist, GS-2101-14 (Open to Any US Citizen) (SME) JACJob Announcement Number: FTA.R10-2014-0001
Department: Department Of Transportation
Agency: Federal Transit Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Thursday, April 24, 2014 to
Monday, May 05, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time - -
WHO MAY APPLY:
Applications will be accepted from any U.S. citizen. A separate job announcement is being advertised for applicants eligible for status consideration. Current and former status employees and veterans who qualify under VEOA are encouraged to also apply to announcement: FTA.R10-2014-0002.
Q - Nonsensitive
About the Agency
The employee serves as the Director of the Office of Operations and Program Management in the Seattle, Washington (Region 10) office. The Office of Operations and Program Management is responsible for the development and implementation of FTA’s grant and oversight programs. You will be responsible for directing all Capital Investment Grant project approvals and management and oversight activities relating to grantee performance and the supervision of contractors assigned to the performance of oversight audits and reviews.
The ideal candidate has experience providing leadership and oversight to a diverse staff of professional and support personnel who are performing grant administration, project management and related activities. He/she also has experience conducting presentations to senior management officials, congressional or grantee staff, and groups representing the transit industry.
NOTE: If interviewed for this position – at the interview stage, candidates will be given a topic to use to draft a writing sample.
- Occasional Travel
- Around 10% (about 1 week every other month on average).
- You must be a U.S. citizen and meet specialized experience
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Provide all required documents by closing date
- Announcement also advertised to status applicants: FTA.R10-2014-0002
- Announcement may be used to fill similar positions within 30 days
- Position is Telework eligible.
DUTIES:Back to top
The Supervisory Transportation Specialist:
- Supervises Operations and Program Management staff responsible for directing activities relating to grantee performance and the supervision of contractors.
- Delivers FTA funded major construction projects within approved budgets and schedules; provides leadership and direction in the implementation of major projects.
- Manages and assesses oversight programs as it relates to grantee risk assessments, financial management reviews, procurement system reviews and triennial reviews.
- Represents FTA and the Regional Administrator in meetings, conferences and seminars with Federal, State, and local officials.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience requirements.
To qualify for the Grade 14:
on Experience, you must have at least one year of equal or equivalent:
Applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Experience providing leadership and direction to a diverse staff of professional and support personnel who are performing grant administration, project management, and related activities.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Selective Service: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- DEU REQUIREMENTS: Applicants selected under delegated examining procedures may be required to successfully complete a one-year probationary period.
- Supervisory Probationary Period: You must complete a one-year supervisory probationary period (unless already completed).
- Government Travel Card: You must be able to obtain and retain a Government contractor-issued travel card to be used for official business as a condition of employment. If unable to obtain and/or retain a card, you may be subject to removal. Those who fail to meet this condition of employment will have our offer of employment rescinded.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the qualification requirements, your application will be placed in one of four categories: Platinum, Gold, Silver or Bronze, which is based upon your responses to the vacancy questions. Within these categories, applicants eligible for veteran's preference that have provided supporting documents will receive selection priority over non-veterans. The top rated applications will be reviewed for the quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the position. If your resume does not support the specialized experience, or if your application does not support your answers to the Vacancy Specific Questions, your final rating may be modified and/or you may be disqualified from consideration.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
You must submit a complete application package (including resume, vacancy questions and supporting documents) no later than midnight Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement.
- To begin, click the Apply Online button on the job announcement.
- Follow the directions to register, submit all required documents and complete the assessment questionnaire.
- You may review your saved application(s) at https://my.usajobs.gov.
If you are having difficulty applying online, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (202)366-1298.
The following documents must
be provided by the close date:
Failure to submit any of the required documents by the closing date of the vacancy will result in your removal from consideration for this position.
- RESUME - Showing relevant experience and education and fully supporting the required specialized experience.
- COMPLETED QUESTIONNAIRE
- VETERANS - In order to be considered as a preference eligible, you must submit a copy of your Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty, DD214. Your DD214 need not be official but must show the type of discharge and dates of active duty. If you are claiming preference eligibility as a disabled veteran, you must submit proof of entitlement of this preference which is normally a valid letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability.
- SPECIAL APPOINTING AUTHORITY DOCUMENTS - If requesting concurrent consideration for Non-competitive (NC) appointment eligibility (e.g. military spouse or persons with disabilities), you must provide appropriate supporting documentation such as PCS orders describing move & marriage certificate; letter from VA or DD214 describing 100% disability of spouse; letter from State Vocational Office certifying disability, etc. For more information, visit military spouse NC appointments or Persons with Disabilities NC appointments. Documents are only required if requesting non-competitive consideration.
- DISPLACED EMPLOYEE PLACEMENT DOCUMENTS - Only required if requesting priority consideration under CTAP/ICTAP. You must submit ALL of the following: (1) your most recent performance appraisal, (2) the proof of eligibility letter from the Agency, and (3) your most current SF-50, displaying current series and grade. In addition, you must meet the well qualified standards for this vacancy (falling in the Gold Category).
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
You may check your application status by logging into your USAJOBS account. Within two weeks of the closing date, your application will be reviewed and rated. The most highly qualified candidates in the top group will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration. If you are selected for an interview, the hiring manager will contact you directly. Once a hiring decision is made, we will notify all applicants of their final status.