About the Agency
The employee serves as the Director of the Office of Operations and Program Management in the Seattle, Washington (Region 10) office. The Office of Operations and Program Management is responsible for the development and implementation of FTA’s grant and oversight programs. You will be responsible for directing all Capital Investment Grant project approvals and management and oversight activities relating to grantee performance and the supervision of contractors assigned to the performance of oversight audits and reviews.
The ideal candidate has experience providing leadership and oversight to a diverse staff of professional and support personnel who are performing grant administration, project management and related activities. He/she also has experience conducting presentations to senior management officials, congressional or grantee staff, and groups representing the transit industry.
NOTE: If interviewed for this position – at the interview stage, candidates will be given a topic to use to draft a writing sample.
The Supervisory Transportation Specialist:
- Supervises Operations and Program Management staff responsible for directing activities relating to grantee performance and the supervision of contractors.
- Delivers FTA funded major construction projects within approved budgets and schedules; provides leadership and direction in the implementation of major projects.
- Manages and assesses oversight programs as it relates to grantee risk assessments, financial management reviews, procurement system reviews and triennial reviews.
- Represents FTA and the Regional Administrator in meetings, conferences and seminars with Federal, State, and local officials.
- Occasional Travel
- Around 10% (about 1 week every other month on average).