The Department of Veterans Affairs is interested in attracting the best talent for our diverse cadre of SES members from all sources: within VA, the Federal government, and from the private sector. We have streamlined our recruitment process and now only require you to submit a 5 page resume to apply for this position.
This position is located in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Management (OM), Office of Finance. This position serves under the direction of the Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Finance. The incumbent of this position will serve as the Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Business Operations, providing leadership and coordination in the maintenance and implementation of financial systems and for the financial operations of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).This position will manage the Department's corporate financial systems including fiscal accounting and payroll.
VA structures its SES positions into pay bands. This is a pay band 3 position and the salary range is $120,749 - $167,000. Exceptions to the salary cap may be considered in certain circumstances.
Multiple similarly categorized positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement
This incumbent serves as the Associate Deputy Assistant Secretary for Financial Business Operations. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Development and coordination of comprehensive strategic, short and long range financial systems plans, processes, procedures, budgets, and implementation and time frames for all assigned financial systems projects.
- Analysis, interpretation and implementation,as required of Federal and VA financial and security systems and operations for compliance with such requirements.
- Automation of collection, creation, use and dissemination of financial information and data resident in VA financial systems.
- Analysis of internal control requirements and implementation of required changes for financial systems and operations.
- Operation, maintenance and enhancement of the corporate financial system and coordination of financial systems issues with VA officials and external Federal entities (OMB, IRS, Department of Treasury, Department of Labor, GSA, etc.)
- Occasional Travel