About the Agency
Reclamation has determined that the duties of this position are suitable for telework and the selectee may be allowed to telework with supervisory approval.
Reclamation is seeking a career professional looking for an opportunity to capitalize on his/her expertise as a Fish Biologist. You can make a difference in the West by assisting in meeting increasing water demands while protecting the environment.
Here is an opportunity to join a great organization with excellent growth potential!
The career ladder promotion potential of this position is the GS-11 level. However, this position may be filled at a lower grade. If so, when and if it is determined that a subsequent promotion is warranted, it may be made without further competition. Promotion up to and including the GS-11 level is neither guaranteed nor automatic.
Location – Boise, Idaho http://www.usbr.gov/pn/about/hr/area-information.html
Payment of travel and relocation expenses will be your responsibility.
Additional vacancies may be filled from this vacancy announcement.
- Responsible for implementation of fishery monitoring activities from project planning to data collection, analysis and written presentation.
- Plans and completes field survey activities and field crew work planning and coordination; leads interagency field crews working to collect data for aquatic and habitat resource surveys for resident and anadromous fish.
- Incumbent works directly with individual fish specimens: conducting surgeries, tagging, and handling.
- Incumbent collects field habitat data on general physical parameters existing at various aquatic and terrestrial resource habitats; i.e. water temperatures, geographical location, conductivity, GPS locations, stream characteristics, etc.
- Incumbent participates on multi-disciplinary and interagency teams and provides technical recommendations and analysis as they relate to fisheries and aquatic ecology.