Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is calling. DHS components work collectively to prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws, safeguard cyberspace and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of occupations. Make an impact; join DHS.
This is a key position within the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). ICE utilizes the government's second largest cadre of law enforcement officers to ensure our nation's economic, transportation and infrastructure security. ICE enforces immigration and customs laws. Our talented and courageous workforce identifies criminal activities and eliminates vulnerabilities that pose a threat to our nation's borders.
ICE is the primary investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). With more than 19,000 employees in 400 offices around the world, ICE is a key component of the DHS layered defense approach to protecting our nation. For additional information about ICE and career opportunities go to http://www.ice.gov/
Who May Apply
- All U.S. citizens
- For definitions of terms found in this announcement, please click here
Organizational Location: This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) Front Office located in Washington, D.C.
Relocation Expenses: Relocation expenses will not be paid.
Note: One or more positions may be filled using this vacancy announcement.
This position is located within the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO). The purpose of the position is to serve as an advisor on major administrative programs, perform liaison activities on special assignments related to the functions of correspondence management processes for the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Deputy Chief Financial Officer (DCFO) and their subordinate program managers. Specifically, you will:
Provide technical support on major administrative programs, on special assignments, research, and the compilation of material for the preparation and submission of executive correspondence;
- Conduct an analysis of information requested, coordinate the preparation of responses based on the information requested, research, assemble, and finalize background information and supporting documents for the response;
- Coordinate a variety of administrative, technical, and analytical projects within the office to include development, analysis, and modification of internal administrative policies, procedures, and processes;
- Perform a variety of special assignments and other essential services including, administrative and programmatic projects, preparing special reports, conducting administrative research, and performing various analytical and administrative duties; and
- Manage all taskings coming into OCFO from internal and external stakeholders and provide timely, accurate responses.