Secure the Homeland
Proud to Protect
Are you interested in a job where your primary purpose will be to serve as a senior Budget Analyst that plans, organizes, and carries out a major substantive budget for a significant program component? Then consider joining the Federal Protective Service (FPS), National Protection and Programs Directorate (NPPD), Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
Come work with the best to prevent and deter terrorist attacks, protect against and respond to potential threats, ensure safe and secure borders, welcome immigrants and visitors, and promote the free-flow of commerce. This mission of the U. S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is carried out every day by the dedicated men and women who answer the noble calling of public service with courage and enthusiasm. With a diverse and critical mission, we lead the unified national effort to secure America. In today's interconnected world, our country's security challenges are constantly evolving. To meet these challenges, DHS fosters a culture that values and promotes diversity, teamwork, flexibility, and innovation.
In Headquarters, we coordinate, plan, and guide the Department's work across all DHS components. You could enjoy a career that includes research, administration and management, legal work, budget and finance, cyber security, infrastructure protection and intelligence analysis. Our services touch every U.S. citizen, and our goal is to secure our country across land and sea. Come join the team who is "Proud to Protect".
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED FROM: All U.S. Citizens and Status Candidates.
More than one selection may be made from this announcement should the need arise.
As a senior Budget Analyst you will:
- Perform a wide variety of administrative and analytical duties connected with the review, justification of the organization's budget.
- Adapt to changing conditions while completing revenue, financial and budget assignments on time.
- Supports revenue billing and collections regarding late and delinquent payments.
- Organizes both quantitative and qualitative data, providing clear and accurate analysis.
- Identifies revenue trends and measures of results against budgetary and revenue goals.
- Occasional Travel
- Overnight travel of 1-5 nights per month may be required