To qualify at the GS-13 level, you must possess one of the following:
A. One year of full-time specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors). This experience must include activities such as: 1) applying systems life cycle management concepts used to maintain and improve information technology hardware and software systems; 2) developing requirements and system specifications by solving system design problems encountered during the information technology systems analysis testing and evaluation process; and 3) developing documentation of the system specifications, system installation procedures, system backup and recovery techniques and system test methods.
In addition to meeting the minimum qualifications above, you must meet the following competencies:
1. Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service - Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication - Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
Time-in-Grade Requirements: Current Federal employees must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade in the Federal service. All qualifications and time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
New employees must serve a one year probationary period.This position may be designated as essential personnel. Essential personnel must be able to serve during continuity of operation events without regard to declarations of liberal leave or government closures due to weather, protests, acts of terrorism, or lack of funding. Failure to report for or remain in this position may result in disciplinary or adverse action in accordance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations (5 U.S.C. § 7501-7533 and 5 CFR Part 752, as applicable).
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The categories are defined as follows:
Best Qualified Demonstrates better overall or key knowledge, skills, or abilities for a specific position.
Well Qualified Possesses the knowledge, skills, and abilities which clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements for the position, but does not necessarily meet the definition of best qualified.
Qualified Meets the minimum qualifications standards, including any selective placement factors, for a specific position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and tools used for analyzing and developing systems test and evaluation procedures
- Knowledge of information technology systems requirements development
- Knowledge of information technology systems life cycle management principles and concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively orally
- Ability to communication effectively in writing
Application of Veterans' Preference: Category rating and selection procedures place those with veteran's preference above non-preference eligible within each category. Veterans who meet the eligibility and qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent are listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-09 grade level or higher.