Job Title: PharmacistJob Announcement Number: HHS-FDA-CDER-DH-14-1101222
Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: Food and Drug Administration
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 to
Friday, July 25, 2014
SERIES & GRADE:
Full Time -
Many vacancies in the following location:
Silver Spring, MD View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
United States Citizens
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, DHHS is the nations premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
This position is being filled through the Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all US Citizens. All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration. Traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply. Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
This position is with the Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Washington, DC Metro Area.
Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
"This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations."
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Background investigation is required.
- A Valid License must be submitted at time of application to be considered.
- Transcripts are required.
DUTIES:Back to top
Reviews, evaluates, interprets, analyzes, and abstracts pertinent adverse drug reaction reports in the Adverse Events Reports Systems (AERS).
Utilizes the medical-scientific judgment in determining the adequacy of clinical documentation, the severity of the adverse reaction, and the possible causal relationship between specific therapeutic agents and the adverse reaction.
Prepares summaries describing clinical assessment of adverse reaction analyses.
Contributes to the development and improvement of procedures for post-marketing surveillance and the processing and evaluation adverse drug product reaction reports.
Keeps abreast of new developments in drug products and their applications in order to anticipate possible safety and reporting problems.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to qualify for this position, applicants must possess the Basic Education Requirement, Medical Requirement, Licensure and Specialized Experience as defined below:
Basic Education Requirement:
Four-year bachelor's degree in pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education.
Licensure: Except for research positions that do not entail patient care, all applicants must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
MEDICAL REQUIREMENT: Be able to distinguish basic colors.
Additional Qualification Requirements:
Applicants must possess one (1) year of professional pharmacy specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or equivalent band level in the Federal service which has equipped you with the specific knowledge, skill and ability to perform successfully in this position, coordinating and managing the activities of medical project areas and evaluating the progress to ensure timely completion; evaluating and interpreting contents of submitted professional and consumer labeling information; preparing written analyses and evaluation for professionals and participates in discussions; gathering information, identifying problems and developing scientific, risk-based approaches to assignments which are appropriate and consistent with office policy.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: May vary by Center
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
11. Licensure: Must be licensed to practice pharmacy in a State, territory of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit http://www.opm.gov/employ/direct_hire/index.asp.
These positions will be filled through Direct Hire Authority (DHA). All applicants who meet the qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for further consideration.