Join Team DCMA -- Challenge yourself!
The Defense Contract Management Agency is a rich resource of indispensable partners who contribute to and benefit from integrated missions and programs. We are an independent combat support agency within the Department of Defense (DoD). We are the Department's contract manager, responsible for ensuring Federal acquisition programs, supplies, and services are delivered on time, within cost and meet performance requirements.
About the Position:
The position of Quality Assurance Specialist is a position in the DCMA Keystone Program. DCMA uses the Expedited Hiring Authority to recruit and attract exceptional individuals into the Federal Workforce. Prior to appointment, all candidates will be required to sign a Keystone Conditions of Employment Agreement.
NOTE: During the Keystone Program, participants will receive specialized formal classroom training, computer-based training, and on-the-job (OJT) training. The training development program will consist of the following:
1. Report initially to CMO/Center for at least 1 week.
2. Spend 6 months in the CMO/Center for more OJT and developmental training.
3. Return possibly to the DLC for 1 week assessment/update training.
4. Return to the CMO/Center for more OJT and developmental training.
5. Return as necessary to the DLC throughout the 2nd/3rd year for additional functional training.
Who May Apply:
· All U.S. Citizens and Nationals with allegiance to the United States
· Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) Eligible
· Completes classroom and on-the-job training to acquire, exercise, and maintain knowledge of the duties required to perform surveillance of contractors manufacturing and quality management.
· Validates manufacturing processes and performs technical surveillance of contractor facilities involved in a variety of production support services.
· In a trainee capacity, conducts the performance of pre-award and post-award contract review to assess the appropriate level of quality assurance recommendations and requirements.
- Occasional Travel
- Business Travel is required 5 percent of the time.