Job Title:Program Specialist
Department:Department Of Energy
Agency:Department of Energy
Hiring Organization:Office of Fossil Energy
Job Announcement Number:DOE-HQ-FE-14-00133-CR
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, April 17, 2014 to
Thursday, May 01, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Germantown, MD View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|All U.S. Citizens|
This position is also advertised to status candidates as a Merit Promotion announcement, vacancy # (DOE-HQ-FE-14-00133-MP).
About the Agency
This position is located in FE’s Office of Business Operations, Office of Management and Field Operations. The Office of Management and Field Operations is responsible for coordinating corporate human capital management functions including workforce and succession planning; position management; position classification and staffing; and employee development; performance management; workforce diversity, affirmative action and Equal Employment Opportunity programs.
A successful candidate in this position will:
- Implement and facilitate, evaluate and continually improve FE programs in the areas of recruitment, workforce development and workforce diversity.
- Support program managers and senior specialists in the promulgation of initiatives that ensure a diverse workforce that has the proper skills and competencies needed to perform FE's current and future mission.
- Occasional Travel
- Travel, up to 25%, may be required
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program
- See "Other Information" section regarding Selective Service requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
A qualified candidates online application and resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience equivalent to the next lower grade level in Federal service.
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-11 level in Federal service. Specialized experience is defined as experience:
- Reviewing data and conducting studies in support of a recruitment and/or employment program;
- Collecting, managing, and interpreting employment data; and
- Communicating complex information and analysis through correspondence, meetings, reports, and briefings.
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 level in Federal Service. Specialized experience is defined as experience managing an organizational level recruitment and/or employment program with responsibility for program planning, budget forecasting, execution and tracking, administration and oversight of work to include:
- Conducting strategic outreach and marketing initiatives to build employer brand;
- Developing recruitment strategies to address current and future organizational competency requirements while ensuring workforce diversity; and
- Developing and implementing customer satisfaction measures to evaluate program effectiveness.
Your application and resume should demonstrate that you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs). Do not provide a separate narrative written statement. Rather, you must describe in your application how your past work experience demonstrates that you possess the KSAs identified below. Cite specific examples of employment or experience contained in your resume and describe how this experience has prepared you to successfully perform the duties of this position. DO NOT write "see resume" in your application!
- Knowledge of human resource management programs and activities
- Ability to management programs/projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally, and in writing.
You must provide documentation supporting any education claims in your application. Education must be obtained from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Foreign education must be reviewed by an organization recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. For special instructions pertaining to foreign education and a list of organizations that can evaluate foreign education, see the Department of Education website.
- A preliminary background check must be completed before a new employee can begin work. Current Federal employees or other individuals with an existing completed background investigation may not be required to undergo another background check.
- Status and non-status applicants from outside DOE may be required to serve a mandatory one (1) year probationary period.
- A DOE career status employee selected for this position may be required to serve a new one (1) year probationary period, pursuant to 5 CFR 315.802.
- ALL supplemental documentation MUST be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
- Applicants MUST meet ALL eligibility and qualification requirements by the closing date of the announcement.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application will be rated by our application system using the Category Rating procedure. A quality review will then be conducted by the HR Office and/or Subject Matter Expert (SME). Your application is rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education (if applicable to the job), and training described in your online resume/questionnaire as related to the duties of this position. The quality categories are usually defined as "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Veterans Preference eligibles will be listed at the top of whichever category your rating places you in. CP/CPS veterans are placed at the top of the highest category for all positions except professional and scientific positions at GS-9 and higher.
If your resume is incomplete or does not support the responses you provided in your online questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted.
To preview questions please click here.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application no later than 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to submit a complete application prior to the closing time (regardless of when you started) the application system will not allow you to finish. Requests for extensions will not be granted, so please begin the application process allowing yourself enough time to finish before the deadline. Our application system displays a countdown timer in the top-left corner of the screen for your reference. Steps to submit a complete application:
If your resume does not support the responses in your application questionnaire, or if you fail to submit required documentation before the vacancy closes, you may be rated 'ineligible', 'not qualified', or your score may be adjusted accordingly.Steps to modify or withdraw your application:
- You must have a USAJOBS account and be logged in.
- You must have a completed resume. (Please note that some DOE offices do not accept uploaded resumes and require that you have a completed resume within your USAJOBS profile using the Resume Builder).
- Once you are logged in and all of your application materials ready, click the 'Apply Now' button.
- You must respond to all applicant assessment questions, carefully following all instructions provided.
- You will then be asked to upload additional supporting documentation, which may include (but is not limited to) transcripts, portfolio samples, certifications, and verification of veteran status.
- IMPORTANT: In the final step of the application process you will be shown a copy of your resume and all the information you entered during the application process. You must click the 'Finish' button at the bottom of this final page and receive confirmation that your application has been received. If you do not click 'Finish', your application will not be received.
- Return to USAJOBS and log in.
- In the "My Account" screen, click "Application Status" in the left-hand column.
- You will see a table list of all the jobs you've applied to, click on the title of the application you want to modify.
- If the announcement is still open the button which normally says "Apply Now" will instead say "Edit Application", click that button. (If you want to withdraw your application from consideration after the closing date, contact the HR Specialist listed on the announcement.)
- You will be directed to the application where you can make changes or you can click "Withdraw Application" to delete your application.
- If you experience any difficulties with the application process (anything after you have clicked the Apply Now button), please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement between normal business hours.
- If you are having trouble with USAJOBS (searching for jobs, account profile issues, or Resume Builder help, please visit the USAJOBS Resource Center or e-mail USAJOBS3.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are experiencing a significant hardship which hinders your ability to apply online please contact the HR Specialist listed on this announcement during normal business hours.
Please carefully review the following list to determine what documentation you need to submit. Some documents may not apply to all applicants.
If you are unsure, click the link for each document type to read more.
- ALL APPLICANTS: Resume supporting your specialized experience and responses to the online questionnaire.
- If specific educational requirements are indicated for this vacancy: Documentation verifying your educational claims which can include unofficial transcripts or any report listing institution, course title, credits earned and grade. Please see the Education section for more information.
- Veterans: veteran eligibility documentation (DD-214, VA Letter, Standard Form (SF) 15 as applicable). Please note: If you are a veteran who has not yet been discharged, you may provide a statement of intent to discharge from your agency to receive Veterans Preference under the VOW (Veterans Opportunity to Work) to Hire Heroes Act of 2011.
- Persons with Disabilities: Individuals with intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities may apply for appointment through the Schedule A hiring authority. Certified verification of a disability from a licensed medical professional; a licensed vocational rehabilitation specialist; or any Federal, state, or District of Columbia agency or U.S. territory that issues or provides disability benefits will be required.
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
After each step in the recruitment process, your status will be updated in USAJOBS. You can review your status in USAJOBS at any time. You may also elect to receive status updates via e-mail by changing the notification settings in your USAJOBS profile. Please check that your USAJOBS profile contact information is current and correct each time you apply to a job--this will ensure we are able to contact you as quickly as possible.