Job Title:Supervisory IT Specialist-NHLBI-DE
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number:NIH-NHLBI-DE-14-1071141
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, April 21, 2014 to
Wednesday, April 30, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Bethesda, MD View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
|Q - Nonsensitive|
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
If you have experience providing strategic leadership in all aspects of Information Technology AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the Information Technology and Applications Center!
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), National Institutes of Health (NIH), National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), Office of Management (OM), Information Technology and Applications Center (ITAC) in Bethesda, Maryland. This is a key position within ITAC that will have oversight of the operational aspects of ITAC activities from the operation and maintenance of storage systems, server systems, the planning and implementation of new infrastructure, operation of the IT Service Desk, IT Training, configuration management and Enterprise Architecture.
For more information, please visit http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/.
- U.S. Citizenship requirement met by closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
- Financial disclosure required.
DUTIES:Back to top
As a Supervisory Information Technology (IT) Specialist, you will:
- Provide strategic leadership in all aspects of IT.
- Participate in senior management strategic planning, budgeting, and policy decisions to facilitate the accomplishment of IT activities.
- Direct studies to develop long-range IT forecasts for systems development and enhancement and for hardware and software acquisition.
- Participate in formal and informal management planning, policy and decision-making sessions with senior managers and technical specialists.
- Direct staff in providing advisory and consulting services to managers on all matters pertaining to information management.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
In order to be considered for this position you must have IT-related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below:
1. Attention to Detail - thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail;
2. Customer Service - work with clients and customers to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; know about available products and services; am committed to providing quality products and services;
3. Oral Communication - express information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; make clear and convincing oral presentations; listen to others, attend to nonverbal cues, and respond appropriately;
4. Problem Solving - identify problems; determine accuracy and relevance of information; use sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations;
Have 1 year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the GS-14 level in the Federal service obtained in either the private or public sector typically gained in the IT field or through performing IT related tasks such as: managing and operating local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) operations including network design, redundant infrastructure and disaster recovery for a large organization; working with clients and customers to ensure that customer requirements are sufficiently captured and satisfied by IT services offered; preparing and presenting briefings to higher level management to acquire approval and secure funding for mission critical information technology projects and infrastructure modifications and upgrades; troubleshooting IT system issues or problems through partnering with the customer and other technical staff to analyze and resolve the issue or problem
View Assessment Questions
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
If you meet the minimum qualifications for this position, your application and responses to the online questionnaire will be evaluated under Category Rating and Selection procedures for placement in one of the following categories:
- Best Qualified for those who are superior in the evaluation criteria
- Well Qualified for those who excel in the evaluation criteria
- Qualified for those who only meet the minimum qualification requirements
Candidates determined to be Best Qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. The Category Rating Process does not add veterans' preference points, but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category.
If you are a veteran, CTAP or ICTAP eligible, or an individual with a disability, please refer to the following links for additional information and required documents:
All such documents MUST be received by 11:59pm ET of the closing date, Wednesday, April 30, 2014, to be considered.