Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Food and Drug Administration
Job Announcement Number:FDA-OHR-14-DH-1100457MB
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, May 12, 2014 to
Tuesday, August 12, 2014|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|Many vacancies in the following location:|
Silver Spring, MD View Map
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
|Public Trust - Background Investigation|
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is the agency Americans trust with their lives. As a global leader in public health, DHHS is the nations premier health promotion, prevention, and preparedness agency. Whether we are protecting the American people from public health threats, researching emerging diseases, or mobilizing public health programs with our domestic and international partners, we rely on our employees to make a real difference in the health and well-being of people here and around the world.
This position is being filled through the OPM Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all US Citizens. All applicants who meet the basic qualification requirements will be forwarded to the Selecting Official for consideration. Veteran's preference and traditional rating and ranking of applications does not apply.
Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
These positions are located with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the Silver Spring, Maryland area. Additional selections may be made from this announcement.
This announcement may be used by all Centers within the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to fill multiple positions.
Please Note: This announcement is an open continuous announcement, which means that it is open for a longer period of time and certificates will be pulled at various intervals as needed. It is being used to create an inventory of qualified applicants and will be used to fill immediate and future vacancies. There is no guarantee if or when a particular job opening might become available.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Background investigation is required.
- Positive Education Requirement
- Transcript Requirement
- License Requirement
DUTIES:Back to top
If selected for this position, you will:
Develop, evaluate, and interpret health program policies, providing recommendations regarding clinical aspects of nursing practice and nursing programs of national scope and importance pertaining to a variety of health care providers or suppliers;
Consult with experts in the delivery of nursing services and health care delivery to obtain information or assistance related to issues of concern. Conduct special studies and develop comparative analyses to evaluate the effectiveness of clinical practices and health care services provided;
Plan, develop, execute, and distribute special studies designed to evaluate the effectiveness of clinical practices and health care services provided in HHS programs;
Provide expert clinical nursing and program perspective in the assessment of policies, projects, and data related to the measurement of quality, legislative, and administrative proposals, and make recommendations; and
Prepare issue papers, specifications for regulations, issuances, manuals, and reports to Congress and correspondence for an assigned health policy area including clinical coverage issues for patient care, medical and nursing assessments, and clinical case management.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Back to top
BASIC QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A. Education: Degree or diploma from a professional nursing program approved by the legally designated State accrediting agency at the time the program was completed. Note: You must submit a copy of your transcript.
B. Registration: Must have active, current registration as a professional nurse in a State, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. Note: An applicant who has graduated from an approved nursing educational program within the past 12 months may be appointed pending State registration as a professional nurse within six (6) months of appointment. A person appointed pending registration may not be retained beyond six (6) months, or promoted, if registration has not been attained. Note: You must submit a copy of your active, current registration.
In addition to meeting the basic requirements above, applicants must possess one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service which includes reviewing, evaluating and assessing the integrity and quality of clinical aspects of program operations; providing direction in the development and execution of multiple projects; and providing authoritative nursing consultation and technical advice.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: May vary by Center
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit http://www.opm.gov/employ/direct_hire/index.asp.
HOW TO APPLY:Back to top
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the assessment questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To return to a previously Saved or Incomplete application you may use the following link: https://applicationmanager.gov.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdf using the following Vacancy ID 1100457. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
- Click the following link to view and print the assessment questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire, and
- Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the assessment questionnaire http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/OPM1203fx.pdf and
- Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144. Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.
- This agency provides reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Bethesda Center HelpDesk (888) 478-4340, TTY/TDD (800) 877-8339; or email email@example.com or Atlanta Customer HelpDesk (770) 488-1725; TTY/TDD (866) 539-4484; or email HRCS@CDC.GOV. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes:
Your Résumé - You are encouraged to use the USAJobs online resume builder to ensure that all required information is in your resume. If you use your own résumé, curriculum vitae, or any other written form you choose then you must describe your job-related qualifications that include beginning and ending dates for paid and non-paid work experience, hours worked per week, month and year of employment for each job title listed.
A complete Assessment Questionnaire
Other supporting documents:
- Veterans Preference Documentation, if applicable
- College Transcripts, if applicable
Note: You may submit an unofficial transcript or a list of college courses completed indicating course titles, credit hours, and grades received. An official transcript from an accredited educational institution is required if you are selected for the position.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Tuesday, August 12, 2014.
For Résumé and Application Tips visit: http://www.usajobs.gov/ResourceCenter/Index/Interactive/ResumeAndApplicationTips#icc
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once the online questionnaire is received you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview.
You will receive notice via email or by mail, if no email address was provided by you during the application process, once this process is completed